Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sharing Lots

Photobucket

The Frangipani tree is blooming at Rory's parents house ! This is one of my favorite flowers ! Could even rank in the top three !! I think it is stunning to look at ... and the smell !! Mmmm !

I didn't have a chance to post yesterday. I've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to post the organizing blogs that I have pictures sitting, just waiting to be blogged, yet !! Soon, very soon !!

We spent most of yesterday traveling to/from and spending time at Grandma and Grandad's house. The whole family was together for the first time in many many years !! We celebrated our FIFTH Christmas for this year. Finally, we are finished with Christmas for 2008 !!

It was so neat to watch the cousins play happily together yesterday ! There are five of them and they range in age from eight to one. Can't wait for cousin number six to make his/her appearance in a few months !

Abrupt change of subject.

Happening ...

Now.

Remember my piles ? Today, I spent some time working on the big one in the garage.

I have transformed THIS ...

Photobucket

into THIS ...

Photobucket

Not bad for a couple of hours work, eh ? I am going to show you how I did it ... soon, very soon !

You must be getting hungry ... how about some tapenade ? Sorry, none left at my house, except what's packed in the lunch boxes for tomorrow ... but you can pop over to The Beans Blog and get the recipe and make it yourself. It only takes a couple minutes to make and it's delicious !!

Photobucket

Back to school tomorrow ! Alia is settling in to her class. She only cried the first two mornings. I think she has resigned herself to going for now. I'll be glad when she makes some friends and gets comfortable enough to let people know who she really is. When she's able to dance.

Tonight as I was putting her to bed, she said "Mom, do I HAVE to go to school ?"

"yep."

"I wish we were still in America."

"you know you'd still have to go to school in America, right ?"

"Well ... then I'll go live in San Francisco."

she thinks about it for a minute as I chuckle

"They don't have school there !!" "Do they ??"

"yep."

"Well, then I'm moving to Africa ... I KNOW they don't have school there."

"Alia ... lots of kids in Africa don't go to school, you are right. But if you moved there, you'd go to school !"

Obviously realizing that she'd never win this argument no matter where she lived, she gave up !

And with that little story, I'll say good night. I still have a bit more time before Rory get's home and need to start cooking dinner, might see if I can crank out a organizing post for tomorrow ...

PS ... I was able to fix my scarf and I'm busily knitting away on it again !!

3 comments:

Mari February 2, 2009 at 2:02 AM  

The flowers are just gorgeous! You did a great job on the garage. Doesn't that make you feel good?

Cheri February 2, 2009 at 2:34 AM  

That is quite the accomplishment in the garage!
I think those are the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen- just gorgeous!

The Happy Housewife February 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

Great job on the garage! Those flowers are just amazing. A great picture when we are in the dead of winter and everything is brown and yucky!
Toni
http://happytobeathome.net


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP