Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sharing The Dance

~

I heard this song for the first time tonight and just have to share it.

I've had it on repeat for about an hour. Good thing Rory has long since gone to bed.
He's not keen on the whole repeat thing !

Push play. Listen to the words.

Do you dance ?

Do I ?

Not for a long time.
Except at home.

It started at the beginning of our life here in Australia.
For the first time ever, in all of my traveling of the world, in all of my life ...
I felt like I didn't belong.
Like I wasn't able to be me and have people like me.

There started a long journey of me pulling back.
Of hiding.
Definitely not dancing.

Loneliness is a terrifying thing.
I'm not lonely anymore.
But I was.
For many years.
Desperately lonely.
And not able to dance ...

Here I sit, in tears.
Trying to express something that I can't.
Not in words.
Not to anyone who hasn't walked this journey with me.

I want to dance.
I'm close.
My arms are spread.
My heart is open.
My outlook is bright.

I just need ... to dance.

When I get the choice ... to dance !!


Photobucket

I Hope You Dance

LeAnn Womack

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin',
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin',
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider,
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone.)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

Dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance..
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone)





Get a playlist!
Standalone player

8 comments:

Cheri January 21, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

That is a great song. It takes on a whole different meaning to parents.

Mari January 22, 2009 at 1:48 AM  

It's a great song and I enjoyed your post about it. Very touching. I hope you dance!

A Captured Reflection January 22, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

Lovely Bonnie. I hear you, I've walked that walk too - I get ya babe.

Toni January 22, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

What a beautiful song.

Bonnie, I hope you dance. Please dance. You can dance with me and we can laugh together.

Jimmy January 23, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

This is the song that Steph requested played at our Wedding. It was the song her Mom played for her when she graduated and it's been a special song between them since then. This makes me cry...in a good way.

Erin February 5, 2009 at 1:57 AM  

I just wanted to thank you for posting this. . . it really, really resonated with me. . . I live in England now, my husband's country. . . and for a long time I was lonely and wasn't myself. . . but recently I've started to feel comfortable being here/living here in my own skin. . . Thanks! =)

Erin February 6, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

We've been in England since May 15th. . . this time. . . previously we'd only stayed over here for about 2 months before returning to the states. =)

Erin February 7, 2009 at 2:47 AM  

We've decided that our move to England is permanent at least until Nicholas (2 and a half) is done with Primary School, but honestly, I think we both expect to be here a lot longer than that. It's odd for me because some of my closest friends over here are other Americans that I never would have know if we'd all lived in the states. I find that it's harder to be *me* among my British friends. . .


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP