Wednesday, July 29, 2009

{systems -n- junk} {and Corner View too !!}


Photobucket

I have to share my latest successful system with you. I love systems. I love when I find systems that work. I go through a lot that don't to get to ones that do ...

This one ... totally works ! Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love to spend time in the tub ! Serious amounts of time. Like, the water goes cold and needs to be topped up (multiple times) sort of time !! I love to read in the tub. But ... I also like to do other stuff. Like ... menu plan or read catalogs or journal or draw or you get the picture ...

Well ... those things can be tricky when surrounded by water. I always look at those 'bath buddy' things in the stores but they are so small and impractical and EXPENSIVE !! The other night, I wanted to read the Ikea catalog and do a bit of 'life planning' in the bath. I was racking my brain when I remembered that we had these shelves from an old entertainment unit out in the garage. I thought it might be the perfect size and it so was !!! Ahhhhh ... a new system ! And I love it !

I might even be able to knit in the tub now ...

WARNING : ABRUPT CHANGE OF SUBJECT TAKING PLACE NOW ...

After my little post about google reader, I decided to take your advice and try the 'next' button. Oh my goodness !!!! I.LOVE.IT ! Seriously. It makes blog reading so easy and it's perfect because you get to see the posts in the actual blogs which is heaps better than just seeing them in google reader !! The funniest thing happened though ... The way it works is that you just hit next and it takes you to the next blog in your subscriptions, until you either quick clicking next or get to the end. I was clicking away, enjoying all of your blogs when this message came up ...

And when I clicked on End of the Internet, I got this message ....

Totally cracked me up !!

If you'd like to try the next button you can do it by going into your google reader, clicking the 'Settings' tab at the top right of your page and then going into 'Goodies' ... you'll see an option for the next button ...

There is also a subscribe button that I've been using for ages now ... I'd recommend it too !

Photobucket

I will leave you with this ... Funky Lime Pizza. We had it for dinner Monday night and it was freaking delicious ! It was a bit of a risk. I mean, seriously, who would have thought that squeezing lime on top of a pizza would be good ?! I don't know ... but I'm glad they did !! YUM ! Alia wasn't totally sold on this ... but she ate it. Jono on the other hand asked if I could make another one in the morning to send in his lunch ! Lucky for him I'd made two so there was plenty for his lunch ... and mine, and Rory's ! And it was just as good cold as it was hot !!

PS ... if you haven't left a comment in my JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY POST yet, would you ? I'm at 35 comments ... only 75 to go !! ha ha

PPS ... I just remembered that today is Wednesday (yes, Jane it happens to me too !) and time for Corner View ... I think I've shared a few secrets here in this post ... Seriously, that Lime Pizza is a pretty well kept secret that needs to be shared !! So .... pop on over to my cooking blog and discover it !! This is the last Corner View til September ... I'll miss my weekly trips around the world ... see you all in a month !!

38 comments:

Palmer and Co July 29, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

Bonnie, you are so dang clever! And, I'm totally trying that lime pizza! Anything with lime squeezed on it has to be good!

Mari July 29, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

That is a great idea! I also love the next button. Demara introduced me to it - pretty neat!

Ana Cristina Abreu July 29, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

bonnie
it's so good when system works... congrats for your systems!!
drwan in the tub must be very inspired!!

and the end of internet? wow
i've never heard such thing...

great post!!

caitlin July 29, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Oh Bonnie.. I have decided we're sisters! I spend more time in the tub than out.. well almost :)

My husband started grumbling when I took the laptop in there. I like your system!

And the pizza looks delightful. (Oh and google reader is the bomb.)

Joyce July 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

I love pizza and love anything tart. I'm off to see your secret recipe. xoxo

Amy July 29, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

Holy mother of all that is yummy and good!!!! That pizza sounds A MAZING!!! Yikes! Gonna have to try that one now too!!

You are so fun! I have tried the ol' next button too, but I came back to the reader.. .liked it all being in one place! Kind of fun to mix it up tho isn't it?

Hugs.. Amy

One Shabby Chick July 29, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

you are so hilarious! Love the "warning- abrupt change in subject" :-)
And isn't that next button so great - and it's kinda fun since you never know which one is going to pop up next!
That pizza sounds amazing too - I'll add it to the list of foods to try when I'm eating cooked things again.

Sabba and Nanny July 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

I for one would think of squeezing lime on a pizza. Sounds excellent. I love lime. I love it in Thai Chicken Soup and Key Lime Pie--not to mention Gin and Tonic.

Kayren July 29, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

Okay, love the system...

Now, the google reader...I'm one of the questions askers. I'm starting to use it, get stuff loaded into it. Kinda liking it, think I will a lot, but...I can't figure out the next button. Tried it. I'm not sure I did the right thing to start with, but there is a previous and next button at the bottom, and if I hit next, it just shows me hundreds of posts from that person's blog one by one, even if they are all marked as read.

I am not technically savvy.

Ida/FarEastLogbook July 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Oh, the tub, love it too. In Denmark having a tub is VERY rare and I still feel it's such a huge luxury to have one in my own home. I have to try out your system (as well as your pizza...YUM), it must be perfect for bringing a laptop...ahh, reading blogs while soaking in the tub while eating lime pizza... ;-)

Sandra July 29, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

Well now I told you about the Next button a long time ago, did you forget about it until now? LOL

Great tub, makes me want to sink right in :)

And Yummy on the pizza.

Hugs,
Sandra

A Captured Reflection July 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

I have a big old spa bath, complete with jets in our bathroom, and forget to plunge myself in it. Doh!

So, how is the bookclub going and what are you reading?

Anonymous July 29, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

... i'm to tired to translate all your post !!! But I can eat this pizza !!! Have a great month !!! see you ; )

jane July 29, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

you´ve got me all excited with all this info. ok, i´m going back to read it again more slowly... did you say lime pizza?... besos sweet bonnie!

Unknown July 29, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

I have shower at home and sometimes still go to my parent to take a time in the tub. Love the sensation of calm there.

Anonymous July 29, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

I love your photos as always!

And lime pizza I would have never thought.

Glad the next buttons such a hit! I haven't reached the last page yet! :/

Jodi July 29, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Bonnie!!!!! I love your post. It's so beautiful and clean (no pun intended) and interesting. As I am a HUGE lover of lime I can tell you this is on my list for the weekend. Thanks and I'm lovin pass the beans now for a month or more. I'll have to leave some comments there when I finally am home to make dinner!

Stacy July 30, 2009 at 12:11 AM  

That lime pizza looks and sounds so very, very yummy! I will have to check it out.

What a great bathtime solution, too. Our kids have taken over the jacuzzi tub, so I haven't used it in YEARS. Honestly sitting on the hard tub bottom hasn't sounded so lovely due to my back. Hopefully when it gets fixed I will use some of those bath bombs that have been sitting unloved for so long.

The Girl in the Yellow Shoes July 30, 2009 at 12:16 AM  

I love your tub idea! And I would love to try that lime pizza. It looks so good!

n July 30, 2009 at 12:54 AM  

Oh, this is so clever and a great system! I also love the pizza!! mmm yummy... looks so healthy!! oxox

Renee July 30, 2009 at 12:56 AM  

okay I'm going to have to try the lime pizza because that just looks so yummy. I love the bath tub idea although I don't like to take baths.!!Great idea, and I love your pantry. Nice job!

Cam July 30, 2009 at 1:19 AM  

Hmmm...wheels turning....

I've got an old entertainment center with long shelves, too. I wonder...

You might have just become my best friend ever!!

Will have to think about the lime pizza, I don't know, something just seems unnatural about it. ;)

Off to comment the Curiousity Post!

See you in September!

Kari July 30, 2009 at 1:27 AM  

Hey Bonnie in case you are wondering who Renee is that's my daughter. Forgot to change google accounts.
Sorry.

Cate July 30, 2009 at 3:20 AM  

bonnie, i'm with you on the spending a lot of time in the tub, which i like to call my office. so going to find an extra shelf thingie try your fabulous idea. and, sadly, i have never gotten to the end of my google reader. hilarious message. niiiiiice.

you have a cooking blog? what? ok, must go check it out immediately. happy wednesday.

likeschocolate July 30, 2009 at 3:40 AM  

I love the bath too! The freaky lime pizza is making me hungry.

malo July 30, 2009 at 4:37 AM  

What a great post. Like reading a really good magazine. What a clever soultion and that pizza looks just delicious.

Anonymous July 30, 2009 at 5:13 AM  

More for me to learn, so many tricks and secrets!

Jodi July 30, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

ok I meant beans blog... duh

Rana July 30, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

Thanks for the tip on the next button. I would live in the tub too if my kids would let me.

la ninja July 30, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

right, until now I'd never met anyone that had reached The End of the Internet (and could prove it too)... that just made my day! :)

lime on pizza sounds indeed funky, not sure in which sense yet, though ;)

kristina - no penny for them July 30, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

wow, this post is chock-a-block with info! glad you found a system for your bath, looks funky! maybe you should consider making those tub shelves and sell them on etsy or bigcartel? :)

am intrigued by that next button thing. haven't got the first clue about this and am going to check it out right away...

Anonymous July 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

Haahahaa...this post is soooo hilarious. You are a funny woman with your system(s) and that google reader. I must admit, that I am a systemseeker as well for the same reasons you gave above. So it sounds too familiar. I off to google reader now, thx for that, XXX, C.

Dorte July 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

I am going to try that Next-bottom. And that pizza sounds soooo good!

sunnymama July 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

What a great System! I love it :)

latisha July 31, 2009 at 2:02 AM  

this whole post is amazing. love the photos,links, ideas. man i wish we had a tub. got one of those 'grown up' bathrooms with a shower only.

;) July 31, 2009 at 2:36 AM  

What a funny and rich corner ;) Not the end of your blog !!! I hope :)

Unknown July 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Oh my! So much goodness in one single post! The end of the internet .. that is the coolest secret :)

Unknown August 1, 2009 at 2:34 AM  

Oh gosh - that pizza looks fantastic!! I want one right now!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP