Sunday, July 26, 2009

:: answers ::


Photobucket

Wow ! I am so thrilled at the results of my last post ! So far, I've got 23 comments, and if we take away two because Mari and Tina commented twice, then that's 21 people who commented ! I'm trying to make it to 109 comments (at least), as that is how many people I have subscribed ... go read the post, you'll understand. Out of those 21 comments, I've come across FOUR NEW BLOGS ! FOUR !! Isn't that crazy ? I always visit the blogs of people who comment but these guys hadn't commented before ... so, thanks for leaving me a comment to let me know you read, and so I could stop by and visit you !! ('cept for Susie ... do you have a blog ?)

ANYWAY ... some of you had some google reader questions. I'm going to do my best to answer them for you. Google reader is a great way to keep all the blogs you love at your finger tips. Instead of going through each blog and seeing if there is a new post, you just open your reader and it shows you all the new posts !! It's wonderful !! I love it. From there, you can click on the post and it will take you to it so you can comment if you like ...

Here's how mine looks. I've got the blogs I follow sorted into categories. You can see the categories under "subscriptions" in the left hand column ...

Photobucket

To find out how many subscribers you have, just subscribe to your own blog. To subscribe, just click on "add a subscription" (right under google reader in the left hand column below) and type in the address. Once you've got your blog there, you can click on "show details".

I've circled it for you ...

Photobucket

The view will change and show you some details ... here's mine. Oh ! Look ! I have 68 subscribers now ! That's one more than yesterday !! So, I'm going to have to up that to 110 comments !! ha ha

Photobucket

Hope that answers everyone's questions ...

Want to see the living room ?

We hung my painting yesterday. I'm not sure that it's finished but I've decided that it's going to stay the way it is. Rory loves it and I don't know that I will love it even if I keep working on it so ... it's finished !

I still need to get some cushions and I think we're leaning towards getting a rug to go under the coffee table ... what do ya'll think ?? Rory thinks that we should turn the coffee table to be the other way now that we have the painting there. Yes ? No ?

Yeah ... the painting IS crooked in this photo. Rory fixed that ! We both kept walking past going "is that straight ?" It wasn't. But it is now !!

There is a small lamp on the end table too. I added that after I took the photo ...

I like how it is shaping up !!

Photobucket

Well, I think that is all for today. Tomorrow I bring you the pantry overhaul .................................

20 comments:

Anonymous July 26, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

The best part about Google Reader is you can install a "Next" button in your bookmarks bar and it is fantastic. This blog post explains how to do it:

http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/heather_bailey/2009/03/clickitytwit.html

Ida/FarEastLogbook July 26, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

This is so clever, I'll have to check it out! Thanks so much for this.

ps; lovely painting!!

Toni July 26, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

I like your new painting .... well done! *big round of applause*

From the photo, I like the coffee table the way it is.

Now I'm off to subscribe to my own blog hahahaha

Anonymous July 26, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

THX for answering my google questions. I actually went right after I asked you and found how many are subscribed to mine! It was easier than I thought pfff :P

And I think I would turn the coffee table.

Will you be adding that sage green color of paint to the other walls...the one that's white in this picture, the half wall that's across from the coffee table, and the dining room walls? I would, because then that room is all the same color. I'd keep the kitchen walls separate though ;) although it should be a shade that befriends the sage green, maybe matches your couches. Because you can see your couches from your kitchen right?

I really like that shade of green you got going on there already!!

And I think the floor or the cushions definitely need a splash of color now that the colorful painting is up. Just to tie everything together.

Right now the painting kind of looks out of place to me against that green wall.

I can't tell but I hope theres some of that wall color in that painting or else, I'm sorry but I'm not sure it goes. That's just my opinion tho.

I could never be an interior decorator I think because I hate hurting people's feelings. I would hate to have such a strong opinion and then strongly voice it to someone who has their mind made up on what looks good. he he :]]] *nervous laugh*

I hope you're not mad at me :|

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life July 26, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Love, love, love the print. I would be happy seeing that everyday!

Mari July 26, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

I love google reader! I also love your living room and that painting! It looks great!

Ana Cristina Abreu July 27, 2009 at 2:45 AM  

i've never use google reader before!!
i'll try!!
and the living room is beautiful!!

Sandra July 27, 2009 at 3:31 AM  

Your google reader looks like mine LOL

I have everything categories too, Daily Reads/Craft Blogs/Food Blogs etc.

Love the painting in the living room, it's looking great Bonnie :)

Sandra

Sabba and Nanny July 27, 2009 at 3:54 AM  

Bonnie,
The living room looks fabulous, and your painting accents it nicely.

In answer to your last post, I check your blog virtually every day (the exception being when I'm away from my computer and/or the Internet).

I check some other blogs periodically to see if there are any new items of interest. I check mine to see who has visited, and I use my links to get to favorite places.

I comment if I have something to say, and I always check back to see if anyone's commented on my comment. To me, a blog is another way to carry on a conversation--not just to parade my ideas and/or pictures to the world, so I look for responses. Unfortunately, it's all too rare that people respond, even on Facebook, another venue for worldwide communication.

Enough for now. Love, Dad

Kayren July 27, 2009 at 3:56 AM  

The painting looks fantastic, and I like that you turned one of the sofas! I think the rug idea and adding cushions for some color is a great idea. If you only choose one, do the pillows/cushions for the sofa. That's my vote anyway.

Looking forward to the pantry overhaul. I can never get enough organizing...

Oh, and I'm going to see if I can figure out that google reader subscription thing.

A Captured Reflection July 27, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

It's all looking fabulous! yay. I love the sunflower shot - a great angle with the light filtering through beautifully.

T'lia July 27, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

A really good way to track your followers etc. is to use feedburner, and google analytics.

Feedburner is more just for monitoring your RSS readers and customising what they see.

Google analytics tracks what people click on your actual blog etc. :-)

Palmer and Co July 27, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

Oh, it looks fantastic!! It totally pops off the wall!! Can't wait for the pantry!!

Lisa July 27, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Love the colors of the walls...my favorites actually.

Thanks for the tut on google reader, i didn't even realize I had one myself.

Your site is really beautiful. I'm trying to make my photos bigger, but struggle with HTML.

Lisa :)

Khrista July 27, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

The living room is shaping up nicely! I love the painting! I never knew you could check details of your blog in Google Reader until your last post. I checked mine right after! ha! I have 10 subscribers! ha! (1 up from yesterday.) It was neat to go through all the blogs I subscribe to and see their "details" as well! Some really popular blogs out there! Thanks for the tips!

Mrs. Wallace July 28, 2009 at 1:17 AM  

Love the living room (and the painting) can I come over and have a cuppa?? :-)

Susie July 28, 2009 at 5:40 AM  

LOVE your painting! I think a rug would be wonderful under the table.

In answer to your question, I do not have a blog, but have been playing with the idea of starting one!

Anonymous July 30, 2009 at 5:08 AM  

I've used google reader for few months now, and I don't know half the things you explain! This is very usefull, thank you for taking the time to go through all the tricks!

Anonymous July 30, 2009 at 5:25 AM  

I learned things too about Google Reader from this post. LOVE it. (and I subscribe to your blog via Google Reader).

Love your blog!

latisha July 31, 2009 at 2:05 AM  

thanks! i do the follow thing which shows updated posts but there are so many more id like to read subject wise when i have time. will check it out.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP