Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Boy and His Book

Photobucket

The house was quite this morning when I woke up.
Rain falling steadily outside.
No lights on, just the dimness that comes with an overcast rainy day.
Rory left for work much earlier.
Alia is snuggled in her bed, braids still in her hair from yesterday.
I check Jono's bed, expecting to find him still asleep.
It's empty.
I check the office, expecting to find him sitting at the desk coloring.
Nope, not there either.
Bathroom ?
Nah.
I make my way around the house and finally I find him.
He's snuggled under a sheet on the couch in the family room.
Nose in a book.
Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman
He got it from the school library yesterday.
Maybe I'll have him guest blog a book review once he's finished.
There's an idea !

And here's another one ....

Don't know what to have for dinner ?

How's Lemony Chicken and Israeli Couscous Deliciousness sound ?
It's a new recipe I tried last night.
LOVED it !




5 comments:

Khrista April 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

G. has all the Captain Underpants books and reads them over and over again! Hilarious!

Susanne April 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

My son loved that series when he was in elementary.

Amy April 2, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

That is just plain awesome!

Enough said..

Just awesome!

HUgs.. Amy

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Dawson LOVED those books when we fostered him for that year!

I love seeing kids reading! And enjoying it too :o)

Leeann April 3, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

Great picture! I love his feet all crossed and cozy!

My 10 yo likes that series too. They are like comfort food - he will re-read them again and again. Soon the little guy will be reading it!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP