Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mile High Bonnie

Demara asked in a comment on this post of my Dad shoveling snow barefoot if that's how I shovel snow too. I don't live in Colorado anymore and the tropical paradise part of Australia where I live doesn't get snow so, no, not much snow shoveling happening in my life these days !

HOWEVER.

I came across this old photo of how I used to shovel snow when I DID live in Colorado ... and it's far from barefoot.

In fact, you can't tell in the photo but these are footy pjs ! That's right folks.

I wore pajamas with feet in them AS. AN. ADULT. !!

I'd do it still if ...

1. I could find them.

and

2. It was cold enough here.

Photobucket

So ... yeah.
My Dad shovels in shorts and barefeet.
I shovel in footy pj's ... as does my sister Ellie who took this photo.

You might call us weird.

We call us unique.

And what I'm wondering is ....
How do you shovel snow ??



10 comments:

Mari April 1, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

I call you fun! I bundle up in the works because I freeze otherwise!

Cheri April 1, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

I think it's cute and I bet your feet stay warm too!
I don't shovel often because my husband loves to shovel and he's very particular about how it gets done! Now that I do call weird :)

Amy April 2, 2009 at 12:48 AM  

This is so fantastical!!! It shows your spunk! Love it!

No shoveling snow for me either here in Arizona... but I am sure I will be next year in Colorado... moving at the end of summer believe it or not! gulp!

Palmer and Co April 2, 2009 at 2:20 AM  

Oh, my gosh... I love this!

Thanks for your well wishes for our pink eyed girlie!

Sabba and Nanny April 2, 2009 at 2:35 AM  

Weirdly unique?

Uniquely weird?

Slightly eccentric? That's an interesting word. I may have to do a blog entry on eccentric. Is that eccentric?

Nice picture. I had forgotten about it but have seen it before.

Susanne April 2, 2009 at 3:08 AM  

Now I must say I have never shovelled snow in any pj's. LOL. That is too funny

Khrista April 2, 2009 at 5:41 AM  

too funny! I HATE shoveling snow...probably because we have to 7 months out of the year here! That's why David does it! :)

Sandra April 2, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

I don't shovel snow, I wish I did cause then it would mean I'm not stuck in cruddy Arizona LOL

Sarah April 2, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

Wow, what a range of perspectives! Grass (or the snow) is always better on the other side of the fence...those in cold want warm, those in warm want cold. Too funny.

We shovel snow - a lot. But, I like to think I'm getting past the time I need to do it b/c I can send two able bodied boys out to do the work.

Have a great day!

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

lol THX Bonnie!

footy pjs? Sounds nice. My pjs are my fav. clothes to wear!

How do I shovel snow? same as Mari.

WEARING:
"Columbia" Winter Jacket
snow pants (if I had some that fit)
boots
gloves


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP