Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sharing Knitting

Photobucket

I finished my feather scarf today !
What do you think ?
I love it.
I can't wait 'til the weather starts to cool and I can wear it.
I was sweltering just having it on for ten seconds to take the photo above !!

Photobucket

Last night I stayed up 'til 1:00 am knitting !
I wanted to try making a mug cozy.
I made one but it was about two sizes too big for any of my mugs !!
See how I had to tie it onto the mug.
So not working for me !
I pulled it all out today and started over.
I've since pulled that one out too ...
Sheesh !
I'll start again tonight and see if I can finish one that is the right size ...
or maybe I'll start something else.
I have a shawl that I want to try making and since I've finished the feather scarf,
the right size needles are now available !!

Yes, I think I'll start the shawl.

Now, in fact.

See you tomorrow ...

10 comments:

Mari February 25, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

The feather scarf turned out great! I could wear it today - it's not too hot here!

Cheri February 25, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

Love the scarf. My mother in law made each of my girls one and they love them too!

Leeann February 26, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

It's beautiful!

Amy February 26, 2009 at 1:45 AM  

Woo hoo! Gorgeous gorgeous! What beauty you make with your hands, Bonnie!! I am just a smidge jealous :) This momma is nada in the creative knitting department... but hey.. I can sing for ya! LOL!!

Beauty beauty... love your cup warmer too... I know this next one will be just right! Hugs.. Amy

Mrs. Wallace February 26, 2009 at 2:18 AM  

Love the scarf! Yea for getting somehting finished...and it sounds like you're fast becoming an expert knitter cause you're getting good at ripping! :-) I just ripped out a blanket out four times...I'm finally happy with the pattern though so I'm on a roll now! I've got FOUR baby blankets that I need to knit cause I now have FOUR friends all due between July and October. Sheesh! No more babies for a while please people!! :-) LOVE YOU

Knit-Wit February 26, 2009 at 2:33 AM  

Nice scarf! It looks lovely.

I like the idea of a mug cozy. I've been wanting to try a teapot cozy for some time now but haven't found a pattern I really like.
~Karolee

Stacy February 26, 2009 at 3:11 AM  

I love your scarf! Great job. It has such pretty colors and looks so nice and warm and fuzzy. I often stay up late working on a project, too. Sometimes, I really need to go to sleep so I don't make mistakes, though!

Christina February 26, 2009 at 5:30 AM  

Love the scarf Bonnie - so pretty!

Khrista February 26, 2009 at 6:08 AM  

The scarf looks cute! Festive!
As far as the mug cozy...try a worsted weight yarn and size 7 needles. It looks like you're using cotton. Very bulky! :) Just a tip.

T'lia March 3, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

Your scarf is beautiful Bonnie!! I started making a scarf, but have never finished it. I should really get onto that before winter sets in!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP