Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sharing the Humble Hair Band


If you ever find yourself driving with your side mirror hanging by one piece of metal,
not enough metal to hold it on properly,
just too much metal that you can't get the bloomin' thing off (!!),
a hair band will hold it on until you can get it fixed.

I speak from experience.

Photobucket

Today has been a contemplative day for me.
Thinking about my life.

I've been feeling like I need to make some changes.
I've been thinking about those changes today.

I've decided on a few things that, I think, will help me feel a bit more balanced.
I may share some of them with you in the weeks to come.
As I work through them ...

Photobucket

The kids and I spent the afternoon at the beach with a friend and her three boys.
They played on the playground ... we knitted and crocheted.
They swam ... we took photos.
And then knitted and crocheted ... well ... more crocheting than knitting at that point.

Photobucket

Alia said the sweetest thing in the car on the way home.
I came in half way through the conversation but I'm guessing they'd had a disagreement.
Jono was saying "but will you still come to the fence to see me ?"
(he goes to her playground at lunch time to see her ... he's not allowed in so she comes to the fence to say hello)
Alia said "of course I will Jono, you're still my friend ... and you know, I'll ALWAYS forgive you."

I love that about Alia's heart !

Photobucket

Ok.
So, last night I was going to start a shawl.
It was tooooooo hard.
I need to get a second kind of yarn to knit in with the super slippery stuff that I was using !
Instead I started on a new scarf.
This yarn is the softest thing I've ever felt.
Well ... as far as scarfs go anyway.
It is sooooo soft.
I just love it.
It's obviously not finished.
Maybe I should just leave it as is and start a new trend where you wear the knitting needles ?
Maybe not.
I should be finished with this one tonight !

And with that, I'll be off.

Have you had your kids out shooting pictures for tomorrow ??
It's Friday ... which means we'll be seeing the world through the eyes of our kids !!
I hope you will join us ...

See you then !

8 comments:

Mari February 26, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

Your beach pictures are so pretty - It looks calm and serene!

Leeann February 26, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

I love that photo of Jono. He looks like a bird coming in for a landing!

Alia has a precious heart.

Cheri February 26, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

There really is something special about your pictures at the beach- just beautiful. It makes me want Spring even more here!
What a great bond your kids have- that is so sweet!

Cherdecor February 26, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

You live in paradise! Also, I loved what Alia said. She is such a sweetie!

marina February 27, 2009 at 2:05 AM  

it must be warm up there to go too the beach it still cool over hear,
love the pis's thanks for sharing,marina

Wil's Wheels February 27, 2009 at 5:36 AM  

Dang, the photos don't show for me. But I love reading your thoughts again...balance, don't we all need to strive.

Love the hair band fix. Once I hot glued my rear car bumper on, and it held until I took it for repair...3 months later. :)

Anonymous February 27, 2009 at 7:56 AM  

That day at the beach just looks so lovely!! It snowed here yesterday, but it's still a very beautiful day. The kids were out playing in the snow in the bright sunshine!
Mary:)

Stacy February 28, 2009 at 12:36 AM  

That scarf does look super warm and cozy and SOFT. I could use one of those. Beautiful shots of the beach. I almost feel warm looking at them. :)

We played in the 6 inches of fresh powder that fell yesterday in about 5 hours...that was quite the snowbursts going on! Unfortunately it was white out conditions for those on the road. Quite a few accidents.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP