Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree ...


It's stinkin' hot so I can't really say it feels like Christmas but yesterday we cranked our
air conditioner, decorated the tree, and the house, and well ... it's lookin' like Christmas now !



Here's the boxes of decorations ... all ready to be opened, like presents, one by one ... by me !
And then given to each of the children to be hung on the tree !



And they love it !
As much as I do ... maybe.



Every evening now, our house will be dimly lit by candle and fairy lights.




I love the ambiance.




And the stillness.
The (relative) quiet ...




And the reflection.
Of years gone by ... and years to come.




The memories.




Oh ... the memories.




Candles.
I love candles !
This one is Pumkin Pie ...



Our tree ... 2009 !

9 comments:

Mari November 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

Everything looks so pretty! We just finished getting all our things up too. You're right about the memories.

Sabba and Nanny December 1, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Beautiful post.

Kari December 2, 2009 at 1:38 AM  

everything looks so pretty. I love candles too.

Palmer and Co December 2, 2009 at 2:02 AM  

I bet that took some time getting used to celebrating Christmas in the warm weather.

Beautiful holiday home!

likeschocolate December 2, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

I love your nativity!

Crescent Moon December 2, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

What a beautiful post! Your tree is gorgeous and I really like the seamless blending of Hanukkah and Christmas decorations.

Cate December 3, 2009 at 3:51 AM  

very beautiful tree. i love that little wooden praying girl (angel?), too. happy december, bonnie! wishing you a white christmas.

;) December 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

I like this atmosphere too... and the box !!! that "create" it... Have a nice time §

Kayren December 4, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

You know, I lived in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, for two Christmases, and although it was hot, it wasn't the same as you. I've never lived where it's actually summer at Christmastime. It's really hard to imagine, because I know that when it's not really cold it's hard for me, so to be summer would be indescribable.

I love your tree and decorations. Merry Christmas to you and your family!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP