Saturday, April 4, 2009

Of Banana Bread, Dishcloths, and Angels ...


Photobucket

I have been one busy lady today and it's only noon !
This morning I woke to the sound of pouring rain and my husband still home !
It's his Saturday to work but he didn't have to because of the rain !!
Jono's soccer game was cancelled too.
Disappointing for Jono but it's timely for us to have a Saturday at home !
After enjoying a delicious breakfast of banana bread, baked by my amazing husband,
and various hot drinks*, Rory took the kids out shopping.
Don't know what they're shopping for but I'll give you a little hint ...
Monday is my birthday !!
While they've been out, I've been packing like a crazy lady !
Seriously.
Busy and Crazy.
All in one half a day !

~~

* Rory makes the kids little 'coffees' that are just frothed milk with chocolate on top ...
that is the drink you see in the photo !
Cute, eh ?
Have I mentioned lately that this man is amazing ?

~~

I've got to show you my quickie little project that I've whipped up in the past two days !
I think the next one I do will be quicker and can probably be done in one sitting.
I think this took me about 2 - 3 hours total.

Photobucket

It's a dishcloth.
Not that I'm going to use something so pretty on dishes !
It will probably hang somewhere near my sink in our new kitchen ...
but for decoration purposes only.
At least for now.
I'll probably start using them once I've made a few !

Photobucket

It is a really basic knitting pattern.
Great for a beginning knitter like myself.
Great because it's easy and great because I feel like a professional
being able to make holes around the edges like that !!
ha ha.

You can find the pattern on my Ravelry page.

Photobucket

Do you like my angel ?
Isn't she the prettiest thing ?
I just love her.
Not because she is pretty, although that is good too.
I love the memories she brings.
She was a gift to me from my friend Kristine.
She, so very thoughtfully, gave her to me years ago when my Mom was diagnosed with cancer.
The diagnosis was hard enough but to be in Australia while Mom was in Colorado ...
Even harder.
When I look at this angel now, I think of so many things.
I think of Kris.
I think of Mom and the miracle of her being cancer free.
I think of angels, which makes me think of heaven, which makes me think of God.
An of how thankful I am that He holds it all together ...
I think of these things, all of them, and I smile.

What makes you smile ??

9 comments:

Mari April 4, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

What a nice day! I like the dishcloth and need to learn to do it myself.
I have the same angel - given to me by a friend!

Sandra April 4, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Loved this post Bonnie, love the dishcloth and the angel and the kids "coffees" :)

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Kayren April 4, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

You have had a busy day so far, and yes, love the angel.

My mom is cancer free, too, and has been now for about nine years or so. Every year when she goes for tests is always a little tense though.

Hope your husband and kiddos found something fantastic for your birthday!

Anonymous April 4, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

you make me smile.

Jeff makes me laugh.

and the rain makes me cry.

I've used dish cloths like the one you've made there lots! But they were green and blue never pink! Nice knit job!!

I can't wait to see what happens for your birthday.

Khrista April 4, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

Breakfast looks absolutely delicious! Your hubby is great!
And your dish cloth is so pretty! :) I've made a few of those...I use mine! ha! I need to get crackin' on some more. I wear mine out quick!

Conny April 5, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

had to comment here too - lovely post!! yummy look bread & "kids coffee"! and most of all - love your dish cloth - and the Willow Tree angel. I have that one too - given to me by a friend while my husband was in Iraq (w/ the Army).

Sarah April 5, 2009 at 2:14 AM  

This post made me smile! I love Willow Tree figures, I love homemade dishclothes (my mom made me some with that same pattern) and I love anything hot to keep me warm when it's snowing outside! Sounds like such a fun family morning. I am just finally getting to my to do list at 11:15am, but I think we'll be snowed in later today, so I'm nesting. :)

Kath April 6, 2009 at 1:52 AM  

You make me smile..... That phrase "years ago when..." also makes me smile. Mental pictures of 10 hands in a lady's head and a boy on a bed giggling over that makes me smile. Smelling bacon cooking makes me smile. Hearing birds while on the porch swing makes me smile. Touching soft yarn makes me smile. Glancing at Dad while he is teaching makes me smile. I smile a lot, it seems! I'm thankful.

Kath April 6, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

Another comment...I once made a baby blanket out of that pattern. I used 2 strands of sport weight yarn together (different colors), and just kept increasing till it looked big enough and then made made it smaller. It ended up being receiving blanket size...I loved it and it knitted up SUPER fast! The doubled yarn made it lovely and warm, and I liked the effect of the 2 colors intertwining.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP