Tuesday, June 2, 2009

{sisterhood award}

I started this post AGES ago ... like only a couple days after Sarah gave me this award ... and now, here we are OVER A MONTH later and I still haven't done the post !! Sheesh !!

Maybe I should give the award back !!

Nah.

I'll keep it.

Onto the post I'd started so long ago ...


Sarah from Coffee at the Cabin has given me The Sisterhood Award. Here's what she had to say about me ... "Bonnie at Simple Beauty - she has a great flair for keeping life uncomplicated and real. I enjoy her reflections and insight, and find it amazing that she is on the other side of the world from me!"

Isn't that neat ? I love the relationships I have developed in blog land ! It would be great to one day meet each of these blog friends of mine ! I guess I'm on my way ... I got to meet Karen, one down ... only a bazillion to go ! ha ha

And then just the other day, I got it again from Amy ! Here's what she had to say ... "I love Bonnie's creativity and love for her family. She inspires me in my photography, cooking, and crafting. She is one of my most favorite blogs to visit.... I hope to come to Australia one day and meet you face to face, girl! Then we can have a cuppa together... ;D"

Me too Amy ! Me too ...

Now, I don't always play by the rules but I will this time, here they are ...

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate up to 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
3. Be sure to link your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link the person from whom you received your award.

And here in lies the reason it took me so long to do this post. Picking 10 blogs is so hard. There are just too many that I love visiting !!

In no particular order ...

1. Jane who writes the Spain Daily blog. A fairly recent discovery but instantly a favorite ! Jane already had a heads up with the title including the country of my birth but with each post, I became hooked ! With talk of Cola Cao, views like this, yummy looking tortilla, and pan con chocolate, I'm often transported to my childhood ! Thank you Jane for sharing Spain with me !!

2. Kimm, the amazing repurposer at Reinvented! This girl is an inspiration. She can make anything out of whatever she has on hand ! She has amazing ideas, great perspective and my goodness she makes me laugh ... like in the post where she posted a picture upside down !!! Not to mention she is a kindred list makin' spirit ... just last week she posted that she puts stuff she's already done on her to do lists so she can have some stuff crossed off straight away ! Hello !? I totally do that too !!

3. Khrista who is my friend in real life, was my inspiration for blogging ! I didn't even know about blogging before she had one. She is a blogging expert in my eyes and is always willing to help me !! I love love love every post that she does ! She's crafty, as is her daughter ! She's an amazing photographer. Not to mention, an amazing cook. She is one of the authors on my beans blog. She's pregnant with baby #2 and I just love watching her progress !! Oh ... and did I mention she lives in Alaska ?

4. Kayren, the pink daisy girl at Everything's Coming Up Daisies. A fellow menu planner and organizer, and let's not forget about the OCD ... I just feel so at home at Kayren's place !! A favorite recent post that I really enjoyed ... the video post ... does she have an accent or not ? Uh, yeah ! I'm thinking of copying this idea soon ...

5. If you haven't been over to visit Lisa at the MODsquad, you are missing out ! Seriously, I love her blog ! It's got everything. Poetry, and garden beds, and greens, and blues, and lots and lots of vintage. Oh yeah ... her "corner view" is always wonderful !!

Phew ... half way there !!

BUT ... I'm going to leave it at that !! Sheesh, if I keep going, I may never get this posted and I already feel guilty that I've taken SOOOO STINKIN' LONG to get this far !!

6 comments:

jane June 2, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

bonnie! just stopped by for a quick visit and imagine my surprise! you are such a sweetheart!- thank you! and you, my dear, deserve all the praise- i agree with all the comments above. have a great week!:)

Unknown June 2, 2009 at 11:08 PM  

Thank you Bonnie, you are so sweet! You've made my day!

Sarah June 2, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

Looking forward to checking out YOUR faves - it is always so fun to come visit your site. I always know they'll be a gem for me in it!

Have a great day!

Kayren June 3, 2009 at 2:02 AM  

I, like Jane, stopped by for a quick visit, and imagine my surprise too. Golly jeez, thanks!

Now here's the deal though, because I've made the mistake in the past of not correcting people up front, and then they get onto me, because I don't want to say anything in fear of embarrassing somebody, and then I get all in trouble...

You spelled my name wrong.

Do you know how to say it? I just realized you might not because it's been a long time since I explained it in a post. And I so should have said it in my little video blog post. That was dumb of me. I don't know if I'm up for another one.

You may have also given this award to someone who can beat your record of taking a long time to post it. :)

Mari June 3, 2009 at 3:29 AM  

Congrats on the award! I have forgotten to post awards too and then have to hunt to find them again!

Palmer and Co June 4, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

Oh, Bonnie!! How sweet you are!! Ditto back to you!! We love coming and visiting you every day!! It's been fun getting to know you! Look forward to more!

...Lisa


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP