Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ Week 13


On my bedside table:
I'm reading The Other Hand by Chris Cleave.

On my TV:
I've got to cut out a whole bunch of letters and glue them into notebooks for Alia's class at school. I'm going to sit and watch "How I Met Your Mother" and "Scrubs" while I do that ...

On the menu for tonight:
We just finished dinner. We had Lemony Chicken and Israeli Cous Cous. We ran out of gas half way through cooking though ! Had to finish the chicken on the BBQ and did the cous cous in the microwave. Turned out surprisingly good. New gas bottle comes Thursday ... lucky tomorrow's dinner is an oven one and Wednesday's is a BBQ one !!

On my To Do List:
My to do list is finished for today !!

New Recipe I tried last week:
Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas.
They were delicious. I changed up the recipe a bit, I'll post my version to the beans blog soon !

In the craft basket:
Plenty that's not getting done at the moment !!

Looking forward to:
The whole family coming for the weekend !! Woo Hoo !!

Homemaking Tip for this week:

I actually have a tip this week too !!! Two weeks in a row, what's this world coming to !? ha ha
This tip involves my vacuum cleaner. It may not work for all of you. Depends how big your house is. But it works for me. I don't know about you, but I hate to be halfway through the vacuuming and then the silly thing comes unplugged. You have to stop and plug it in somewhere else. Years ago, I decided I no longer wanted to do that. I bought myself an extension cord and it lives on the vacuum cleaner !! Now, I plug into a plug near the center of the house and I never have to unplug !!! It's fantastic ... saves me a lot of irritation !!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
My favorite blog post this week is by Rory's Mum Mary ... it's called Backyard Beauty. Why don't you pop over and check it out ... and let her know you stopped by !!

Favorite photo from last week:
Photobucket

My home management station !!

Ok ... gonna have to cut this short this week ! Gotta run !!

I haven't done much blog visiting this week ! Real life has been too busy to find much time to visit in bloggy land ... but I hope to do a bit more visiting this week ... see you soon !!




4 comments:

Liz M. June 2, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

I have solved the vacuum cord problem by living in an extremely small apartment!

A Captured Reflection June 2, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

The Disney on ice thing was so cool, Alia would love it...it hits Brisbane in July...here is the link http://www.disneyonice-asia.com/princesswishes/AUNZ/

Anonymous June 2, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

Love the extension cord tip!
Have a great week!

Sandra June 5, 2009 at 4:39 AM  

You are just too organized for me, I feel like the sloppiest person next to you LOL

Loved your post Bonnie :)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP