Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Needles and Tea

Photobucket

For me, slowing down is not about doing less things.
Sure, I'm careful with how many activities the kids are involved in.
As well as how many I am involved in.
Come to think of it, Rory is too.
We both do our best to protect our time and use it wisely.

For me, slowing down (lately) has been about slowing down the super highway that is my brain !
It has been making the choice to knit and sip lovely fruit and herb teas in the evening,
rather than sit at my computer jumping from blog to blog.
It has been about not always having the TV on.

Photobucket

Last night, after Rory and the children were fast asleep, my mind was still racing.
I got up.
Usually I'd make my way to the computer.
Or, at the very least, turn on the tv.
But ... I didn't.
I just sat and knit.
And thought.
And talked to God.
And listened.
And enjoyed the rain and the quiet and my kitty cat snuggled up against me.

Photobucket

And do you know, when my mind finally settled.
When the excitement of the day softened.
When my eyes became tired.
I put down my knitting, went to bed, and in the silence of my mind, I was able to sleep.
Sweet, peaceful sleep.

Photobucket

And so this for me is a choice.
A choice,
that if I am wise,
I will make more often than not.

8 comments:

Toni March 18, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

Great post! Love the photography too!

Cheri March 18, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

I struggle with not being able to sleep at times too. I come out and read my Bible because I agree with you- I think God's trying to talk to me.
I love this post!

Mari March 19, 2009 at 2:03 AM  

Good post, good plan! This makes me feel peaceful just reading it.

Sandra March 19, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

Great post Bonnie, I've been doing the same thing at night, after the kids are in bed, I turn off the tv and sit on my bed with my crochet or knitting. I love it.

Stacy March 19, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

I love the photos you took to go along with your words, Bonnie. What a wonderful way to slow down. It leads you towards a more simple and relaxed life. I know I find myself at the computer and up late way too much. I am trying to curb that, as well. Not having my computer set up at home right now is definitely helping in that!

Khrista March 24, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

I'm trying to figure out from the little snippets of the pattern what you are knitting I don't see it on Ravelry yet! :)

Wil's Wheels March 24, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

You are a wise woman, and these images reflect the peace you felt. Lovely.

Ms Muffin September 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

What a nice post! And so true ...


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP