Thursday, March 19, 2009

Something new ...


The other day I picked up a couple of devotional books for the kids that I am really excited about. We've been doing them for a few days now and I really like them. The kids do too. I've been feeling lately like I need to spend more dedicated time with the kids ... talking about things more than just "how was school?" One on one, with each of them. These books facilitate that perfectly ...

Photobucket

They each have one.

Alia's ~ God and Me ~ is for girls age 6-9. She's only five but she her understanding level is high, I think. She understands and is able to talk with me about the stuff we are reading each day. One thing I love about these books is that there is so much for the child to do. Heaps of participation. Interaction. Talking. Writing. Thinking.

Jono's ~ Gotta Have God ~ is for boys age 6-9. It is perfect for him. He can write things by himself. I love the things I am hearing from him. He has such a deep understanding. His heart has always been such a soft one and I love to listen as he shares it with me.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Stacy March 19, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

Another thing to add to my list! Thanks for sharing these Bonnie. I think it would be over Anya's head, but Kai might be able to do them. What a great idea!

Mari March 20, 2009 at 12:21 AM  

They sound like good ones. It's hard to find devotionals for kids that age.

Khrista March 20, 2009 at 3:36 AM  

I looked them up on Amazon too... You can find them here: http://www.amazon.com/God-Devotions-Girls-Ages-6-9/dp/1885358601/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237483962&sr=8-2
and here: http://www.amazon.com/Gotta-Have-God-Ages-6-9/dp/1885358970/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237484105&sr=1-1
The site you linked to appeared to be an Aussie site, I might be mistaken. Amazon is great for us US residents ;)

Cherdecor March 20, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

They sound good. I am glad that you are intentional about teaching your children about God. You are a good mom!

Sandra March 20, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

You know what? I have the same exact devotional for Jasmine :)

Actually she has two, one for when she was younger and the other from 5-8 years old I think. They are wonderful ;)

Kayren March 20, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

These may be the same ones we had when the kids were younger. They may just have updated covers and that's what has me confused. Plus we've had a few others since then as they've gotten older, but I'm almost positive these are the exact same ones we had.

everyday mom of one March 21, 2009 at 2:28 AM  

Hey thanks for visiting my blog. I am an Aussie and my hubby is American. We are living in the USA for now but are coming home for a visit in May.

Now off to read some more of your blog.

Mommy March 21, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

Those look really cool!

Thank you for stopping by my Simple Woman's Day book entry! :)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP