Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sharing Peaches and Plums

~
Would you like a piece of fruit ?

I've had a peach AND a plum today. They are so sweet and juicy ... really, you should have one !

Photobucket

Last week's budget was a blowout. A bit of a bummer after doing so well the week before but there were a lot of factors contributing to the blowout and so I am ok with it overall ! We had two extra adults who stayed for four days/three nights of the week, we had friends over another night of the week and we celebrated our family Christmas to which we contributed food ! All of these things meant we spent two weeks worth in one week ! Rory and I have had a chat about it though and we think we've figured out how to avoid blowing it out in future weeks like that. We're not going to feed anyone. Ha Ha ! Just kidding.

This week, I'm back on track !! I did the shopping on Monday, did the budget yesterday and guess what ? I've got $3.19 left in the grocery budget !! That was even with buying Rory an ice break for each day to take to work ... he loves those things and it's so much cheaper to buy at the grocery store than for him to buy one at the little convenie on his lunch break.

It also included baking. I'm trying to bake one thing each week to have available for lunches. This week ... poppy seed muffins. My friend Toni and her boys were here yesterday. While the kids swam in the backyard pool, she and I whipped up a batch of these. It's a huge batch. She took plenty home and we had plenty left here. The recipe is on The Beans Blog.

Did I tell you that I've started working out ? Yep ... had my assessment, got a program and I'm working out IN A GYM (!) twice a week ! It's hard work but I know it is going to pay off .

Also got back on our bikes today. Last year we were riding most days to and from school. This year ... well, I didn't want to start the first week back since I didn't know how Alia was going to go. Then it started raining. So ... here we are half way through week two and finally riding. Not too bad, I guess.

I've got a couple of questions for you regular bloggers out there ...

Between posting and visiting other blogs ... reading and commenting ... how much time do you spend each day in blog land?

Also ... how do you decide which blogs you subscribe to ?

6 comments:

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Thanks for visiting again.

I don't know what makes me decide to come back to some blogs and not to others. Some I am inspired and challenged but I don't subscribe to them.

For me, I really think it's about developing a relationship. If I read for a bit but don't feel like any connection or friendship is being built I will probably stop reading. Is that bad!?

Good job on the groceries. Yikes.

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

I just love this whole post and the fact that you budget. I'm trying to do that too. I'll keep following your ideas. I really like your meals being flashed on your sidebar too! Thanks for all the cooking inspiration!
Mary:)

Cheri February 4, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

It is so hard when you have people over and then throw in a Christmas celebration too- yup you're bound to go over your budget with all those factors!

I don't know exactly how much time I spend. I get on in the morning for a bit and then at lunch time.

marina February 5, 2009 at 12:48 AM  

thanks for visiting !
now what you mean feeding the family on a budget is hard and now we seem to be facing hard times.
the grocery store has gotten so expensive that its almost fighting walking in.

i do love your ideas and think they are really great and your recipe look really good .
you seem to have it really together I wish i was as organizes as you.
thanks for all the inspiration and you rub me off some (inspiration )LOL!!") marina

Stacy February 6, 2009 at 12:29 AM  

Good for you Bonnie! I have my resolutions of working out, but unfortunately I'm bringing work home everynight so I haven't had the time or energy (mostly ENERGY) to get into the routine. I will, though...I will!

As for blogging, well, I'm at a computer all day so I check in here or there. I'm embarassed to admit how much time I spend online! I generally subscribe to the blogs of my regular commentors and try to comment on their site at least once a week. It is hard to keep up with everything so sometimes I fall behind. Sometimes blogging feels like an extra job LOL!

Sandra February 6, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

I usually check in on the blogs in the morning and then again at night, or if I have some time during the day, but I don't sit on the computer for too long. Sometimes on the weekends I do sit for a few hours and just visit blogs and catch up.

As for how I subscribe. I usually go by the comments I get and how often people are commenting. If it's a regular I add them to my Google Reader and follow their blogs too. Some become favorites, others just tend to fall through the cracks I guess LOL

If I have blogs that I leave comments on and they haven't bothered to come to mine at least once or even acknowledge me, then I tend to just unsubscribe.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP