Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Show Me Your Systems" said Shay (Wrapping Paper)

Photobucket

The other day when I was doing the filing (post on that later in the week), I found these off cuts of wrapping paper that I had put in the filing tray. Thrilling as it may ( or may not ) be, I'm going to show you how I store my wrapping paper ...

Photobucket

This is the closet in my office. The top box, as you'll discover if you read my little notes on the photo, is full of my present wrapping supplies. It does not contain rolls of wrapping paper (this is a flaw in my system) !! My Mom has an amazingly cool storage box that stands upright for all of her wrapping paper. I would love to have one but haven't seen them here. I'll show you where my rolls stand in a minute ...

Photobucket

First, let's open up the box. In it, you will find scissors, tape, ribbon, balloons and a pump, gift bags, off cuts of wrapping paper, Christmas labels, blank paper to make my own labels, a couple of nice pens, tissue paper .... etc. Anything you might need for wrapping a present !!

Photobucket

The red, green and blue storage containers are from Ikea. I picked them up for the kids rooms years ago but they didn't really work for what I had planned. Well ... any good organizer knows that if something doesn't work well somewhere ... you need to try it somewhere else ! These little beauties were the perfect fit for my wrapping box.

Why the balloons ? Sometimes, for kids parties, they are fun to decorate with. I just tie a few (water balloon size) balloons together and tie them on the present with the ribbon. Always a big hit with the person getting the gift !!

Photobucket

The rolls of wrapping paper live in a plastic "box" that a multiple set of rolls came in ... I just cut the top off it and keep whatever rolls I have at the time in it. It slides in between the wall and the stack of boxes in the closet. It works ok ... at least 'til I can find the perfect box like my Mom has !!!

Photobucket

There you have it ...

More to come ...

Soon ! I mean it !! :)

4 comments:

Mari February 3, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

It looks great!

Kath February 4, 2009 at 4:30 AM  

My perfect box is made by rubbermaid.....is there a rubbermaid.com or something? And I agree that it is the best thing since sliced bread for organizing (I must have had some latent organizing love that passed to you without overly asserting itself in me!!!)wrapping paper. Do you remember the 2 tiered cardboard box under the bed that was the best thing to be had before that?!?!? And I have another wrapping tool that I wonder if you saw while you were here, cause I love it equally well. It is made by Scotch and is a wrapping paper cutter. You just push it through, one edge to the other; clean, straight cuts, snicker-snack!

Unknown February 4, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Don't people who create amass huge amounts of STUFF? When I see lovely conglomerations like these I know that there is at least one maker of things lurking amongst the boxes and piles. An empty and fanatically tidy house means that creativity is absent.

One Shabby Chick February 4, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

OK your hair looks FABULOUS! And I love how organized you are. Time to start a corner for all your sewing equipment :-)

Amber


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP