Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sharing Excitement

~

Photobucket

It's Thursday and I managed shop for the week's meals and then to stay out of the grocery store all week long !!

This is an accomplishment, believe me.

We ran out of milk two days ago. And we have zero laundry detergent.
But there's only .19 cents left in the grocery budget this week so I didn't buy either.

Tomorrow is a new week.

I'll be buying a bigger milk.

One of my goals for groceries this year is to . STICK . TO . OUR . BUDGET . !!!
I'm on track !
One week down ... 40 some to go !

Our biggest goal where food is concerned is to not waste.
I hate throwing away food.
There are too many people who don't have any for us to be throwing any away.

We've been doing well.
We've been eating all of the leftovers and so far have only had to toss a rotten lemon
and some noodle salad that went yucky ...

I'm interested what you all do ...
Do you have an allocated amount for groceries each week ?
What do you do when you run out of something but there's no money left ?
Do you go buy it or do you wait ?






4 comments:

Cheri January 22, 2009 at 4:34 AM  

Way to go!
I wish I was better about it but I run to the store way to much.
Trying to get better about it!

Sandra January 22, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

I try to stick to the budget and the only things I used to run out of was milk and bread.

BUT, I now buy two gallons of milk when I get groceries and it lasts me that long...as for bread, now when I run out of it, I just bake my own at home and the family prefers it.

I don't go out and buy anything extra, most of the time we don't have the money to do that so I make do with what is in the house, I find that I usually come up with really good meals using what is left in the pantry :)

Toni January 22, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Great budgeting Bonnie!

I am guilty of going out and buying if I run out (mostly). I don't usually run out of milk or bread these days though. I buy milk and freeze it then when the current bottle is running low, defrost the next one. This works as it keeps me away from the shop :D

Stacy January 23, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

I have my recipe binder and it helps sooo much! I keep to my recipes and then I don't buy food I don't need. I don't stick to it all the time, since when things come up it may need to change, but I am saving money on groceries.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP