Friday, September 7, 2012

The Midwife's Confession

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App 
(By Diane Chamberlain)

I LOVED THIS BOOK.

There, I've said it.  There's no mystery.  I loved it.  I was totally into it from the first few words.  I had no idea what the story was going in. I just knew it had come recommended and that the front cover said this ... 

 A lie will save one family.  The truth will destroy another.  Which would you choose?

This book kept me guessing right up until {almost} the end.  I had my suspicions as the end drew near but I wasn't 100% certain ... so, yeah, I guess that means I was still guessing.

I enjoyed the style of writing.  I'm hoping that Diane Chamberlain has written other books, and that they are as good as this one.

What I loved most about it though, was my attachment to each of the characters.  They are not all introduced at the same time.  I liked that.  I liked how their stories and their lives were all connected by one person, the midwife.  I liked that I felt for each of them.  I understood their 'side' of the story.  I didn't necessarily feel more attached to one character more than another.

This is the sort of book that sucks me in so entirely that I find myself thinking about the characters as if they are real.  As if they are friends of mine.  It makes me feel like I need to call them and see how they are doing.  I'm almost sad when the book finishes, because then I realize that they aren't real and I won't 'see' them anymore.  That may sound a bit weird but for me ... that's the best kind of book !

What more can I say ?

3 comments:

Mari September 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM  

This sounds like one I want to read!

Anonymous September 7, 2012 at 5:04 AM  

I like that kind of book too. I completely get what you're saying.

Sandra September 7, 2012 at 6:19 AM  

Sounds really good, I have the book on my Kindle and now I am looking forward tor reading it even more :)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP