Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy

 

Ok ... here's the deal.  A friend told me a few weeks ago that they had just finished these books and really enjoyed them and did I want to borrow them ?  Of course I did !  I LOVE reading books that have been recommended by people with whom I have similar likes/dislikes in books.

I had no idea what to expect. 

I have not seen the movie. 

Yet.

I read these books in four days.  All three of them.  

I COULD NOT PUT THEM DOWN.  

I'm not even kidding. Every spare minute that I had, I was reading.   

You should know, if you decide to read these, that they are disturbing.   They are an easy read in that once I was involved, I didn't have to concentrate, I just read ... and it's almost like I was there.  The pictures in my head were vivid.  

But they are not easy in the 'feel good' sense.  The hunger games are a cruel and sadistic way of a power hungry leader controlling his people.  The depths to which his cruelty sink are horrific and unimaginable. 

But throughout it all, I found myself cheering the characters on ! Clinging to the hope that good would defeat evil.  That love would overcome deception and hatred.  That it would all SOMEHOW work out in the end !

Did it ? 

I can't tell you ...

You'll have to read them to find out !

**

PS ... I'd recommend reading them one after the other, if at all possible !

2 comments:

Mari June 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM  

I read them all in a row too - in a very short time. Excellent books!

Unknown June 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM  

So hard to put down right?! I can't believe I read them as they came out! So hard to wait and not read back to back! Such a fast read!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP