Monday, June 11, 2012

11.22.63

 

 11.22.63
by Stephen King

Not a book I would have chosen for myself.  I haven't read anything Stephen King in many years.  Not since high school when I was reading the likes of IT and Thinner.  Books that would keep me awake at night if I read them now.

This book was recommended to me though
 and after reading the back of the book that says ...

"On November 22, 1963, 
three shots rang out in Dallas, 
President Kennedy died, 
and the world changed.  

If you had the change to
change history, would you ?  

Would the consequences 
be worth it ?" 

... I decided to give it a go.

740 pages later, I'm glad I did.  Stephen King is a good writer, I've always thought that.  The story held my attention the whole way.  I was wondering the whole time how it was going to end.  I'm not sure that the ending was as fulfilling as I would have liked it to be, but really,  I get that there had to be consequences to messing with the past.

For me, it was a thought provoking book.  Would I change history, if I could ?  Would I change bits about my past, if I could ?  I've always answered 'no' when asked that question and I think that I still would.  I'm convinced that everything happens for a reason, and in so many instances in my life, I can see how the 'bad' things have been used for good.  And certainly, the lessons I've learned from the hard seasons in life have been part of shaping me into who I am.  I can look back at the more memorable hard times and say that no ... I wouldn't change them, even if I could.

How about you ?




2 comments:

Anonymous June 12, 2012 at 1:41 AM  

I cannot believe you are already done with this book! So fast!!
As for changing the past, I think I agree with you. I wouldn't change anything. Anything I don't like, I've learned from... and who knows, if I didn't learn the lesson there, the next opportunity could be even worse.

Terri June 14, 2012 at 10:31 AM  

I've never read a stephen king book but might consider it on your recomendation....


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP