Tuesday, November 23, 2010

List it Tuesday ~ Alia's {to do} !

Photobucket

It's not often these days that I get time to sit and browse around in blog land. But I love to read the Corner View posts especially so I try to find time on a Thursday to do that. I just love 'traveling' to other parts of the world through the photos posted each week ! This last Thursday, I was traveling around and stumbled upon something that looked so neat ! And right up my alley !! List it Tuesday ! It's over at artsyville, one of my favorite artsy blogs ... and all you do is post a handwritten list and then comment to let them know you've participated ! I love it !

I've had this list saved to blog for ages now ! I had scanned it last week even and then when I was thinking about which list to post first, this one came to mind ! It was written by my Alia ... she's 7 now but she wrote it a few months ago when she was still 6. She came in and showed me one morning and totally blew my mind ! She is so like me in this area ! My little list maker ! In fact, Rory came out the other night and said "I went in to tell Alia a couple of things she needs to remember. She grabbed her little bag, found the pencil and pad inside and started making a list ! If there ever was any doubt that she was your child (uh, I'm pretty sure I remember carrying her for 9 months but whatever ... !!) this is proof !"

So ... here it is. My first List it Tuesday ! It's Alia's list of jobs so she doesn't forget ... Let me read it to you. Bed. Toilet. Breakfast. Beaky's food. (it's her job to feed the cat !) Teeth. Go to bed. (seems she's been through the day and is now at night time) Get dressed (obviously she's now slept the night) Hair. Dishwasher (she loads it) Shoes and wit sokes on your feet. (Shoes and with socks on your feet) Get your bag ready. Lunch box. If you have tim (time) you can play in your rom (room) or help your mummy pack the lunchs (lunches) or woch (watch) your Mom on the conpuoa (computer) You play a game. (you being her ...) Put my bag awe (away) Put your things from your lunch box into the dishwasher.

It's a pretty comprehensive list ! I love it !! I also love how she's illustrated it a bit. Added numbers in boxes. 2, 3, 4 and 32 ! Gotta get your priorities right ! and I especially love the check marks that show where she used it for a week !! Such a clever girl ...

Well, I'd better wrap this up. I've been downloading the photos from my camera to my computer while I wrote this ... slows things WAY down ! But the 550 photos are now on the computer, time to sort through them, get the load of laundry hung up and then think about getting ready for work. :) Hope you all have a great day !! See you soon ...




10 comments:

liza November 23, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

I love this. It's perfect.

Ngoc Thy November 24, 2010 at 1:13 AM  

I love this :)
Well, I love Alia too :)

Pat November 24, 2010 at 6:43 AM  

I guess my list making tendencies go way, way back since your post reminded me of the lists I made as a kid. I would start a list before going to bed and the first item on the list was always "wake up" usually followed by "brush teeth" and "get dressed." I guess even as a kid I felt the need to be productive and made sure there was at least one item on the list that could be checked off.

I think it's safe to say your daughter will be a life-long list maker!

Anonymous November 24, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

So darling! Great list to share with us all. I love it too! Wish I had some from my son or grandchildren. Maybe one day on the grandkids. You never know when the list habit will start.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm glad to visit you!

Sharon

Buffalo Lucy November 24, 2010 at 7:07 AM  

So cute! I love the spelling (sokes and conpuoa)!! Adorable.

Biomouse November 24, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

Hilarious and super duper cute! I love when you can take a peek inside a little kids mind and see some surprises along with the underpinnings of all you've inadvertently put there :) Welcome to List It Tuesday!

S.E.Minegar November 24, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

what a fabulous list. i especially like that she has followed up with check marks for completed tasks. very thorough! love to see how her lists advance as she gets bigger!

:) so cute

i'm listing too.

cath c November 24, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

cute!

aimee November 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

hey bonnie - so glad you jumped in this week! this is such a winner - not only that you have a girl that makes lists, but checks them off, too!

meg November 24, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

Hi Bonnie! So nice to meet you - and thank you for the sweet comment on my blog!

Alia's list is just *PRECIOUS* and such a great start for your "List Tuesdays"! Thank you for sharing! You know what they say: "out of the mouths of babes..." - they can teach us a lot :)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP