Monday, September 7, 2009

happy {labor} day

Mari posted this fun Meme in honor of Labor Day.
I thought it was fun so I'm playing along! (even though it's not Labor Day in Australia!)
But ... I'm American so I think I qualify !!
Plus ...
This one is all about labor - not the holiday type!

Photobucket

How long were your labors?
Jono ~ 31 hours and then an emergency C-section
Alia ~ decided to skip the labor and made an appointment for a C-section
good thing too ... they told me it would have been
the same as with Jono had I tried again (!!)

How did you know you were in labor?
Jono ~ um, it hurt ...
Alia ~ no labor !!

Where did you deliver?
Jono ~ Ipswich, Australia
Alia ~ Bundaberg, Australia
Both in the hospital !

Drugs?
Oh yeah !
With Jono ~ I started out thinking I'd be heroic and do it without the drugs.
They wanted to me sit on a medicine ball for my pain relief.
Seriously ? I was a medicine ball !
I spent lots of time in the bath too. Nice as that was, it didn't do much for the pain.
About 20+ hours in I asked my husband why I was trying to do this without drugs
and he said "I don't know ... I'd have had them on the way in !!"
So ... I got a shot of pethidine in my leg which did NOTHING.
Then they were pretty sure I'd need a C-section so gave me the epidural.
That took every ounce of pain away and me and my exhausted body went to sleep !
It was bliss !!!

With Alia ~ I went in, got the spinal block, and that was that.
Oh, except the part where the intern turned off the stuff that stabilized my blood pressure and
I felt like I needed to throw up but couldn't move because I was already paralyzed from just
below my neck. But that's a story for another day ...

C-Section?
Haven't you been paying attention ??
*giggle*

Who Delivered?
The doctor ...
I'm hoping this isn't a trick question !

So, there you have it !
I was going to post my organizing post this morning but it has 21 photos
and while they've been uploading I've run out of time !!
So ... I will bring that one to you tomorrow !!


5 comments:

Anonymous September 9, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

OUCH Bonnie!

Remind me WHY I want a baby again? hehe

Mari September 9, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

Oooh! It's fun to read these. I think we all agree that it's worth it, right?

sunnymama September 9, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

My 'official' labour was less than 4 hours. Conceiving took over a decade though! :)

Kayren September 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

Yours definitely was not as simple as Mari's was! I didn't even try to post mine because with the girls being so early it was just crazy complicated, and then the boys weren't walks in the park...a little more like yours, but without the extended first labor.

I had fun reading about them though! And of course I'm looking forward to the organizing post!!!

Palmer and Co September 15, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

Sounds like Jono and Luxe were very similar. Love reading this... thanks for sharing!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP