Saturday, August 15, 2009

{this and that}


This post will most likely be a mish mash of a bunch of bits and pieces ... but you know, that's just how it is sometimes !

Let's start with my contribution to Melody's Straight Out of Camera Saturday. You want to join us ? It's easy. Just post a photo that you have not edited ... nope, not one bit ... and then link up over at Slurping Life. Mine this week is from "the big mountain climb on Wednesday" !

Photobucket

So, quite a few of you asked me where I got these handy little containers. I actually got them in my grocery store. That probably won't help most of you though so I did a little research for you.

Photobucket

and I found this website ... there are contact details for in Australia but there's an email address so you could probably email and see if they can lead you to a supplier in your country. That is, if you are really seriously wanting one ... or ten. I recommend them !! HIGHLY. I love mine. Use them ALL THE TIME !!
Photobucket

I had to take the cat to the vet today. No, she's not sick. They were having a 1/2 price off micro-chipping sale so I bit the bullet and got it done. Set us back a whopping $30. But that's not what I'm here to talk about. I'm here to talk about transporting her. I used to take her in a cage. You know, the ones made to transport animals. Only problem is she hates her cage. I haven't had her cage out in years. In fact, where is that thing ? I think we might have gotten rid of it in the move. So ... I tried a box. Just a plain copy paper box. Wrapped her in a towel and stuck her in there. It was ok. Today, I was getting ready to go and found her sleeping on a environmentally friendly shopping bag. You know the ones ? I just picked her up, plonked her in the bag, threw it over my shoulder and we were off. She was so calm the whole way ! The vet way amazed. I know ... she's strange. I like her though. My cat ... not the vet. Are you confused ? Me too. My cat is strange and I like her. I like the vet too but that's not who I was talking about.

Moving on ...

The bag with the cat in it fits much better in the front seat than the cage of box ever did ... and I didn't even need to clear out the workout bag, the picnic blanket, the other enviro bags, the mattress pump, a towel and a little garbage can. Why do all of these things live in my passenger seat ?!

Good question.

No answer.

Photobucket

Can you tell it's getting late ? And by late I mean 9:22 pm.

One last thing before I drag myself to bed. Did I mention I've been getting up at 5:30 am for the past few weeks ? I like having all the time in the morning but my goodness, I'm wrecked by bedtime !!

Photobucket

I've revamped the Lighthouse Studios Online blog. I hope you'll pop over and check it out. The girls were so encouraged and excited by the lovely comments that were left last time ...

There is a new post that I added today and I'm hoping to do one each day this week ... we'll see.

EDITED THE NEXT MORNING TO ADD >>>

I wanted to post this recipe last night but was too tired. No-one has commented here yet this morning so I thought I'd add a link now ... These cookies are too delicious ! And there is a funny story related to them. Go see ...

Photobucket


11 comments:

Anonymous August 15, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

hahahaha! we totally think alike! I followed your cat/veterinarian story just fine..made complete sense to me!

thanks for answering the container question.

now..I should know this..but the photo with the cat in the front seat... is the driver on the right side of the car? I'm in the States.... you are in australia perhaps? (pardon the lack of knowledge of your whereabouts!)

I too get up early (5 AM) but it's to go to a 5:45 AM water class and I'm totally wiped by bedtime and am often in bed by 8:30 or 9 PM. seems early but at least I get enough sleep that way.

thanks again for answering my question. I'll be on a hunt to find some for myself!

Anonymous August 15, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

nice cat bag idea...not sure it would work for Salsa..she too hates car rides..not sure its the cage or the ride...pretty sure its just the ride though...because she doens't go balistic in the cage...only when the car is moving...so not sure the bag idea would work...but THX...we'll see

;) August 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

I admire your "organisation"... may be pictures are like laundry and tell us stories... ;)

Mari August 16, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

I love the cat picture and story. Our cat would never stay in that bag!
I went to the art blog and I love the new look. I think Karry's wipe off painting is really cool, but for some reason I couldn't leave a comment. Everytime I hit the comment button, I would get the whole blog opening up.
I love snickerdoodles too, but will never think of them the same after reading you story!

Terri August 16, 2009 at 5:16 AM  

You are so funny - I never would have thought of using the bag. I might have to give it a try - I can't find my cat carrier either!!

Khrista August 16, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

Your cat is too funny! :)
I found bento type lunch boxes today and the baby/children's store we registered at today. Here is a link:
Laptop Lunches
I am putting a couple on my wish list. They sell them on Amazon.com with free shipping too!
These are cool too: Klip-It Lunch Cube
Just thought I'd share my findings after my search to find containers similar to yours! ;)

danette August 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

The cat is too funny!

Jewelz August 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

Funny isn't it how everyone is always reinventing the wheel but sometimes something very very simple is the perfect place to start....and how much time and energy (positive and negative) did you save.

I think it rocks that you had your camera out to capture the event. Cool Capture,

Thanks for sharing with us :0)
Cheers
Jewelz

BenLand August 17, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

OMG!! that SOOC picture is amazing!!! such a great perspective!!!

SoCo mom August 17, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

I really like our SOOC photograph. The sharp green leaves stand out in front of the shadows and light that remind me of an Impressionist painting.

And the cat in the bag in the car is hilarious! And I have taken a cat to the vet in my purse at one time.

Danitza September 3, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

Thanks so much for providing me with the links! You're a doll!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP