Friday, August 7, 2009

{surprise dinner guests}

Photobucket

i am not in the bath
i am not reading my book

i'd like to be, however, something more exciting has come up

i got a phone call this morning from some friends who we haven't seen since their wedding
they are on the coast and we get the pleasure of having them here for dinner tonight !

good thing i did a bunch of housework yesterday !
i just need to do a bit of dusting
vacuum
mop
and then the house should be good to go ...

i'll dash up to the shops to get a couple things
get the kids from school
get dinner started

and then just chill til everyone arrives

i may even start work on a post that i am sooooooooooooooooooooo thrilled about
it's not on this blog though
it's a new one
and
it
is
FULL OF ARTWORK !

not just mine
all of the students in the studio where i take my art lessons
and the professional artists who work there
will be posting their work
to this blog !

seriously.
it's going to be so cool !

it's in the very early stages so you'll have to bear with us.
i will give you the link soon !
very
very soon !

in other news:
my cousin jill misses my old blog
she says
the posts were longer
with more
photos
and "newsier"

what do the rest of you think ?
especially those of you who remember my old blog ...
the one that i took down after i got a
creepy comment and
decided i didn't want to have photos
of the kids faces ...

was it better ?
why ?
why not ?

just gathering info ..

ok.
better go.
i need to get started on everything so that
i am not a frazzled
woman
when our friends arrive

i hate that.
i like to have everything done
so i can just be
relaxed
and
ENJOY
the company of good friends !





10 comments:

Anonymous August 7, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

I loved your old blog, but I like this one better I think. Why? Well I love the centered posts, photos. I love how clean and white it is. And I don't read long-er-ish-er posts. Sorry I just can't stand them!!! So overall I'd have to say I love this one best.

Can't wait to see the new art blog you're starting!

I just did up a sketch and colored it in. on todays post...

Mari August 7, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

I think I like this one better. I like the look and the ease of writing, but do miss the updates on the kids and family.

Kayren August 8, 2009 at 12:22 AM  

Well, I never saw the old one, so I can't compare. That said, I do like this one. I like the crisp, clean look, which I think is exactly what you were going for. I think you post a lot of pictures, just not of the kids, and now that you said something, I realize never the kids faces.

Mrs. Wallace August 8, 2009 at 1:37 AM  

I like the deep insights you often share on this blog...but I do agree with Jill, I miss the photos and the news. Maybe cause we're so far away from each other and the blog makes me feel connected even though we're across the ocean...I understand the need for privacy, but I do miss the news...problem solved...just call me! ;-) hummm...maybe the time different causes a bit of a problem there...and it's expensive...ok, your turn for an idea!

A Captured Reflection August 8, 2009 at 6:11 AM  

I like this blog, you've paved your own way here creatively and with inspiration. I'd love to know more about you but appreciate the wisdom of not too much info on blogs.

Can't wait to see the Art postings, that's going to be very cool.

You live a wonderful and exciting life!

puna August 8, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

Oh my...the wonders of the internet. I hope that doesn't happen to me! I wasn't here for your old blog but I like this one! I hope to see some great art work soon.

Betsy Brock August 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Don't you just love it when unexpected guests come AFTER you've spent a day cleaning? LOL!

likeschocolate August 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

It is always fun seeing old friends!

Toni August 9, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

I love this blog but I'm not sure that I've seen the old one hehehe :D

sunnymama August 10, 2009 at 5:03 AM  

I love the reading in the bath picture! I look forward to seeing your new blog, and I hope your dinner party went well :)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP