Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Wedding ...

... was beautiful !

Photobucket

How cute are these little scrolled thank you's that were at each of our place settings at the reception. The little 'rocks' inside the bottle are chocolate ...

Photobucket

The day itself was beautiful. The catholic church where they got married was beautiful. Steeples, stained glass windows, wooden pews ... just lovely.

But not as lovely as these newly weds ...

Photobucket

Our good friends Gregg and Cheryl ~ May 3, 2009.

Photobucket


The shot above of Alia taking the photo is the only one I took on my little camera. All the other photos I took on the camera she is holding, which is my friend Toni's camera that I borrowed for the wedding ! While we were waiting around for Rory and Jono to finish with the professional photos, she asked if she could take a photo. I said she could. I handed her the camera and she was getting ready to take a photo (of me) when the professional photographer who was doing the wedding came up behind her and said "here's how I want you to hold the camera..." he placed her hands on it in the correct places and told her which hand should bear the weight of the camera (the one under the lens if you are wondering)

I didn't get my camera out quick enough to get a photo of him showing her but I did get one of her looking like a little professional !!

Here's the photo she took ...

Photobucket

It's pretty rare for Rory and me to have a shot of the two of us together ...

Photobucket

Miss Alia ... all dressed up. She picked these shoes herself !

Photobucket

Jono was the page boy. He had to think about it a bit when Uncle Gregg asked if he wanted to do it and decided he'd like to do it. A couple weeks before the wedding, we were talking about it and he burst into tears when he told him he'd committed and it was too late to back out. Rory and I had all these plans of bribery if he chickened out on the day but he so didn't ! He was wonderful. Did just what he was supposed to and enjoyed himself doing it !!

Photobucket


This is my favorite shot that I took at the wedding ! Rory has titled this photo " a wedding through the eyes of children ".

Photobucket

I didn't take a camera to the reception. I didn't want to have to keep track of it. I sent it home with Rory's sister and brother in law who kept the kids for us while we had a night out by ourselves. Actually, for most of the night, we weren't even together. Rory was at the bridal table for the dinner. I was a at a great table with Gregg's sisters, cousin, brother's girlfriend, brother in law and right beside an American ex-marine girl who flew in from San Diego for the wedding. I had a blast with them.

Well ... I think I'd better wrap this up.

I'll be back tomorrow for corner view that is hosted by Jane at Spain Daily, where people from all over the world show us a photo of their corner of the world ... why don't you join us ? The theme for tomorrow is "shopping" ...

15 comments:

Anonymous May 5, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

The last one is really beautiful ! Bravo pour ton talent.

Just me~Bobbie Jo May 5, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

What beautiful pictures!

BTW thanks for stopping by my blog.

Leeann May 5, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

Gorgeous photos, Bonnie! Alia did a really nice job.

Kayren May 5, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

I love all the pictures. Alia did a fantastic job with hers. The wedding invitation in the top picture is beautiful. I've never seen anything like it, but then I got married eons ago.

I can't wait to see your shopping pics tomorrow. That will be fun from your corner of the world.

The Raggedy Girl May 6, 2009 at 12:06 AM  

Thanks for stopping by and what a sweet wedding and what a special little girl taking photos.

The Raggedy Girl

Mari May 6, 2009 at 12:18 AM  

Beautiful pictures - they could be part of the wedding album!

Sarah May 6, 2009 at 12:53 AM  

Oh, Bonnie. Your pictures always touch me - I don't know why. They are just so simplistically beautiful. I don't know if that is even a word, but in my book it is. The last photo is just amazingly perfect.

LOVE them all.

Have a great day!

Palmer and Co May 6, 2009 at 1:20 AM  

Oh, I L O V E these shots!! The bottom is my favorite, along with Alia's shoes... Ok, they are all wonderful!!

Khrista May 6, 2009 at 4:12 AM  

Looks like a lovely time. The kids looks so cute, and you and Rory look wonderful! :)

A Captured Reflection May 6, 2009 at 4:59 AM  

Great photos - I love them all! I really love the steeple photo, really, really good.

Dana May 6, 2009 at 5:03 AM  

I adore your photos.
Nice job.

Sandra May 6, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

Love all the photos, especially you and Rory. You make such a stunning couple Bonnie :)

Hugs,
Sandra

Toni May 6, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

What great photos you've taken. You look really good and I love the shot of you & Rory.

The last photo is good enough for a competition I think. Hmmmmmm where can we find one ????

How neat of the photographer to give Alia a quickie tutorial!

Wil's Wheels May 7, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Bonnie, these images are stunning. I do love that last one.

Anonymous May 8, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

My kids have taken all the photographs of us too. Great shot.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP