Tuesday, August 18, 2009

{monday, unplugged}

Photobucket

How sweet is this little pot ?
Rory recently planted the little white flowers in it.
I just love it.

Know what else I love ?

Photobucket

Snow peas !

Every morning I wake up and there are more HUGE snow peas
hanging off the trees ? vines ? bushes ? in our garden !!
I wish you could all try one ~ they are delicious !
You'll have to fight Alia to get one though ... she loves them !

I ended up having a lovely day yesterday.
I did have some free time and decided to spend most of it outside.
I cranked the i-tunes out the office window and spent some time weeding the patio.
Those weeds were getting OUT OF CONTROL !!

Photobucket

But not anymore.
After two hours of blood, sweat and tears ...
Ok ... only sweat, but lots of it.
We're back in business.

Photobucket

I spent the rest of the morning, cleaning and moving the fish tank.
Doing various household chores on my chart.
Reading my book.

And enjoying the peace.

Last night, I decided to take the kids
to watch Rory play futsal (indoor soccer).
Jono often goes with him but I haven't been in a while.
Come to think of it,
I'd never been to see him play with this team before ...

It was good fun !
I love watching him play.
He's so good at it !
I'm going to have to go more often !!

I'd better wrap this up !
Time to go make my green smoothie for today ...

Photobucket

This is yesterdays, uh green (?) smoothie !
Recipe on the beans blog ...

13 comments:

Sarah August 18, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

I'm with you on the snow peas - having some for supper, but we're about ready to pull ours. They have had a HUGE growing season - very atypical for us!

Like the challenge you're doing this month - I typically do a smoothie each day, although not always spinach based. :) Need to get better at that end of it -

Have a good evening!

Mari August 18, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

The little pot is sooo cute! I love snow peas too. Nice job on the patio!

Kayren August 18, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

My first thought was how cute that pot was too. Then at second glance it looks like there are little scarabs on it. Are there? Hmmm.... Still cute, I'll just fuzz out my eyes where they aren't in focus.

I only cook my sugar snap peas, although I only eat uncooked broccoli. Doesn't that make complete sense. You're figuring me out, aren't you? :)

The green smoothie...I checked out the recipe and left a comment over at the beans blog.

A Captured Reflection August 18, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

You inspired me, I checked out the beans blog and as I need to lose a couple of kg, I feel such a fatty right now which I hate - I am resuming my vanilla protein shakes morning and lunch (at lunch I add blueberries) and a dinner with salad - I have cut out all sweet things - oh that's the hardest...I have such a naughty sweet tooth. Had a headache these past 24 hours but it will be worth it soon to lose the weight and break the addiction (I will try working on the caffeine issue after the sugar one :-)

likeschocolate August 18, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

look like there is a lot of strawberries in that green smoothy

Sabba and Nanny August 18, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

I love fresh peas from the garden.

Anonymous August 18, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

love peas...love your little pot...think you did good weeding...

JuanitaTortilla August 18, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Homegrown snow peas taste sweeter than those store-bought :)
Great job on weeding! I would never have had the patience...
Do I dare try a "green" smoothie, maybe not, but yours looks good!

puna August 19, 2009 at 1:53 AM  

It sounds like a wonderful day. It's the best kind, where we accomplish something as well as have some peace doing it!

Stacy August 19, 2009 at 4:08 AM  

Oh I can sympathise with your weeding. Our yard is a bit out of control. Oh well...I have other stuff to do. ;)

Love the plant in the little pot...looks great!

Amy August 20, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

Heesh, those dang weeds are sooooo hard to conquer aren't they? Looks great tho.. love the clean lines of a weed free sidewalk :)

I love that pot! Adorable find on your hubbies part! REally really!

Happy Green Smoothie Day! I need to try a sip and make some for my kids! yum yum!

Terri August 20, 2009 at 3:01 AM  

You sure stay busy! Those snow peas look so yummy -wished I lived closer and could snatch some!!

Palmer and Co August 20, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

Oh, the peas are beautiful! I can only imagine the taste!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP