Friday, May 15, 2009

a sneaky peek at my latest painting ...

After some of the surprised reactions I got to yesterdays post about my negative tendencies, I thought I should clarify. But, I've decided not to. The inner workings of my personality are not easily clarified. I will leave yesterdays post as I intended ... to be an encouragement for all of us to look at what we have to be thankful for rather than what we might be prone to complain about.

The End.

Now on to today's post ... and a painting. I did this last weekend. I brought home a whole stack of art books from the studio where I paint and got totally inspired. One painting in particular by Emil Nolde. It's called Garden in Bloom, 1908 painted with oil on canvas. It hangs in a museum in Hague. I have tried to find it online to show you but haven't had any luck. If anyone is better at searching and finds it, let me know !

Anyhoo. I got to painting, trying to go in the same style as that one only on a different size/shape canvas and with acrylics not oils. This is what I came up with.

Photobucket

Actually, this is upside down to the way I painted it.

But, when I took it to the studio this morning, Karry set it this way and everyone loved it.
It has a different feel and I actually like it better.

Apparently, a painting that works either way ... is good.

I have an enormous canvas that I have been working on for months.
When Karry (the lady who runs the studio ~ my teacher !) saw my painting, she told me
to do that same thing on my big canvas.

So, I did.

It's not finished yet.
But I'll give you a sneak peek ...

Photobucket

I've brought home a few more books this week ... wonder where that will lead ?

9 comments:

Mari May 15, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

Those are great Bonnie! Looks like a colorful flower garden!

Khrista May 15, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

BEAUTIFUL Bonnie! Such talent!

Anonymous May 15, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

I haven't seen it the right way up, but just like this is truely beautiful.

Cheri May 15, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Wow Bonnie- you are so talented! Those are beautiful!

Palmer and Co May 16, 2009 at 12:46 AM  

Bonnie!! These are AMAZING!! You are so talented!! So, so surreal and beautiful!! Can't wait to see the big one finished!!

Happy Weekend to you guys!!

...Lisa

Sandra May 16, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

You are so talented Bonnie, I'm jealous I wish I could paint like you.

Beautiful painting :)

A Captured Reflection May 16, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Wow, I love it. Now tell me, is there anything you aren't able to do? You're amazing!

jane May 17, 2009 at 4:19 AM  

one word... wow!

Kayren May 19, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

They're beautiful. The way you took the picture of the top one, it looks like the bright, colorful pictures you see when people are swimming or scuba-diving around all those gorgeous things in the ocean. It's very 3-D.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP