Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ Week 12


On my bedside table:
I've finished The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
It was a quick read. Well written. I'm not sure I liked it though. It was a hard story to read. Too many emotions to process !! Having said that, I am glad I read it. I am.

Now I'm reading The Other Hand by Chris Cleave. I'm only a chapter or two in and if I can understand all of the lingo, I think I'll like it ... We'll see.

On my TV:
'tis turned off ...

I very rarely watch tv in the day. And I've decided it's time to turn the thing off in the evenings as well. You know, I didn't used to watch much tv at all but it's such an easy habit for me to fall back into. But I always always prefer when I don't watch it. I'm more productive. Less rushed. Less irritable. And I sleep better ...

On the menu for tonight:
I took the leftover Salsa Chicken out of the freezer this morning but that's going to wait til tomorrow because Mama's got a fangin' for sushi ! Plus, it's easy and I'll need that after today !

Photobucket



On my To Do List:
I've been swimming this morning already. Toni and I haven't been for a month or two. Not that we didn't have good excuses. With me moving house, and her having a stroke, we just haven't made it. She is a total champion and is recovering well. Me ... I haven't had a stroke but you wouldn't know it with the way I swam this morning !! How is it that it's so easy to get out of shape and so hard to get back into it ?!? The rest of today's list looks like this ...

  • package up stuff to take to post office tomorrow
  • card for grandma
  • write my weekly letter that is looooooong over due
  • plan menu
  • do grocery shopping
  • put food away
  • pick kids up from school
  • supervise homework
  • prepare dinner
  • enjoy dinner with my family
  • play a bit of Wii with them too
  • do 'books' with kids. i've gotten out of the habit since we moved. started back up last night.
  • hang out with Rory, maybe do some knitting or embroidery
  • turn on electric blanket !!
  • read in NICE WARM bed (i can hardly wait for this part of the day to get here !!)

New Recipe I tried last week:
I tried Beth's Chicken, Orzo and Spinach soup and it was amazing !! It's even good leftover ... I know because I had the leftovers for dinner last night !!

Photobucket


In the craft basket:
I organized my craft baskets over the weekend !! I have my normal knitting basket and now I have a small one with some embroidery in it. Woo hoo !!


Looking forward to:
Showing you all what I've been up to.

But

it will have to wait til later in the week.

Maybe tomorrow ...


Homemaking Tip for this week:

I actually have a tip this week !! I finally remembered to do this to the bathroom door this morning ! Do you know the little thing that you often have on the back of a door and it has the other little thing that slides into it to hold the door back ? No ... ok ... we'll I took a photo because I knew you wouldn't have any idea what I was talking about !!

Photobucket

That little thing with the arrow pointing to it. Well ... those little things are often very squeeky ! Not good. My husband taught me a little trick years ago to stop the squeeks !! You just put Vaseline on it ! See where I've colored black on it ? Yeah ... put the vaseline there and the silly thing will squeek no more !! It works I tell you, it works !!

Vaseline ... it's good for more than getting little sisters out of baby swings !! (that's a story for another time though ...)

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Well, I haven't read it yet because it's not finished yet ... but my sister was telling me about a post she's writing that has to do with household management. I'll have to copy and paste some of it for you when it finally gets posted because her blog is private. BUT ... even though it's not written ... I know it's coming ... and it's my favorite this week !!

Favorite photo from last week:

Photobucket


Lesson Learned The Past Few Days:
Wii injuries are for real.

On My Prayer List:
  • My Grandma.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I think I need to get myself a copy of The Message, I'm liking the way he translates ...

"Do everything readily and cheerfully—no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night so I'll have good cause to be proud of you on the day that Christ returns. You'll be living proof that I didn't go to all this work for nothing." Philippians 2:14 - 16

Well ... I'd better get to planning this menu. I'm more than halfway done. Only two days left to plan and then I'll head out to the shops. Hope you all have a fabulous week !! I'll be round to visit later ...


8 comments:

Pamela May 25, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

I enjoyed reading your Happy Homemaker post this morning!

annies home May 26, 2009 at 1:42 AM  

how great it is to pray for our grandmothers. I posted a tribute of sorts to mine this morning on my blog. If you find time read it

Sarah May 26, 2009 at 4:31 AM  

Love, love, love your painting. LOVE IT! You are so blessed with this talent!

I am anxious to read the household management post....VERY anxious. :)

I have to laugh about the electric blanket - mine is coming off the bed today. :)

Sandra May 26, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

LOL Wii injuries are for real....I'm laughing but I know so well what you mean LOL

Debra May 26, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

I feel like we need to turn the TV off more, too. It's such a time drainer!

Stacy May 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

Beautiful painting, Bonnie!

You know, I don't think I've seenone of those door thingies. Good tip, though!

Kayren May 26, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Cracks me up...Wii injuries are real!

Mrs. Wallace May 27, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

Are you really gonna keep me hanging?? I think it's high time to tell the vaseline little sister baby swing incident! :-)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP