Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thai

For a week now, I've been dying to blog.
Now that I've got the internet up and running ... I'm at a loss as to what to blog about !

ha ha

It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago. Oh that's right, I told you about it already. Remember the flowers that they gave me at work ? Well, included in the card was a voucher for $100 to a great Thai restaurant not far from us. We decided we would use it at some point during the move. That point was Friday night. After moving loads of fragile stuff over in the car Tuesday and Wednesday, then moving the big stuff in the big truck on Thursday, and then cleaning the rental house ALL day Friday ... we were stuffed. We used the voucher and ordered in. We had to use the whole voucher in one hit so here's what we had ....

Uh yeah, that's our coffee table covered with a bath towel that we are eating on !! We had just moved, remember !!!


Photobucket

Spring Rolls, Money Bags, Prawn Parcels, Green Curry, Satay Chicken, Sweet Chili Chicken, Pad Thai, Massaman Curry, Tom Yum Goong and Tom Yum Noodle Soups.

It was a feast. Our celebratory dinner, if you will. And boy did we celebrate. We put on a pot of rice at home. That, with the meals I mentioned above, lasted us for days. Literally. We ate and ate and ate Thai food. It was wonderful. The kids weren't too sure at first, I think this was their first experience with Thai. But we never give them a choice to not try something. Alia ate hers without complaining. Jono LOVED his ! He kept saying ... with surprise in his voice ... 'this is good!' Funny kid !

I plan to do a tour of the house. Eventually. Maybe bit by bit. Maybe in one hit. Maybe in photos. Maybe in video. We'll see. Right now I'm just concentrating on getting everything unpacked and put away !!

We are really enjoying our new house. It's so perfect. Like it was made for us. I love the feel of it. So peaceful. So relaxing. I love the bathtub. I love the layout. I love that I have a laundry room ... not just a washing machine in the garage. I love my gas stove. I love that the oven is raised and that the microwave has a designated 'hole' ! I love that the whole house is fitted with down lights and most of them dim. I love the veggie patch. And the established herb garden. And the patio umbrella. I love the color of the walls. The location of the bedrooms. I love that the ensuite in the master bedroom has cool double doors and the biggest shower ever. And that the shower head detaches from the wall and that it's got one of those massage settings on it. I could go on and on and probably will in the days and weeks and months and years to come !

I'm thankful. Thankful for such a perfect house. For great neighbors that we are getting to know. For a great location. For such a fast, easy and smooth purchase of our first home ! Really, I couldn't have asked for it to go any better than it did !

Photobucket

Well, I think, for not having anything to blog about, I've done enough talking for this one post !

Plus, I really do need to get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight ...

Edited 24 April 2009 ... Little House In The Desert author Roberta Ann commented that I should have included this post in Table Scape Thursday. Of course, I had to go investigate this meme that I've never ever heard of ! Looks fantastic so I'm going to go add my link now ... and then I'll pop round and see what other fantastic table scapes were posted ...


17 comments:

Sarah April 23, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

Congratulations! I am so excited for you in your new home! What a wonderful feeling to have such a peace about where you are. I can just feel how excited you are and am glad to share the experience with you.

Have a wonderful day, friend!

Amy April 23, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

Yay for celebrations! All that food looks so delish!

I know I sound like a broken record, but I can't wait to see pics of your new blessing! New home's are so fun!

Have a wonderful day!
Amy

Anonymous April 23, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

So very nice to read such a happy, cheerful and contented post! Perfect meal and leftovers (I love Thai, and I haven't had in years, unless I count in my own Thai food made with Italian ingredients ...), perfect house. Lots to be grateful for!

Terri April 23, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

Everything looks so yummy! I can't wait to see all the pictures of your house. It's all so exciting!!
Enjoy some needed sleep.

The Raggedy Girl April 24, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

I loved your new home Thai feast. Your table was sweet and you should have linked up with Table Scape Thursday as everyone would have loved it. I can't wait to see you home tour.

The Raggedy Girl--Roberta Anne

Saver Queen April 24, 2009 at 12:16 AM  

I'm so glad that things are going so well so far. Wonderful to hear that! And that Thai food looks delish - perfect time to use that gift card!

Kayren April 24, 2009 at 1:46 AM  

That food looks awesome, and what a great way to use your voucher!

I know how you feel about your house being made for you. That's the way we feel about ours, and it's really cool.

Hope you get unpacked a lot quicker than I did! :)

And, if you aren't busy enough, I TAGGED you over on my blog...

Kayren

Khrista April 24, 2009 at 3:08 AM  

Thai is really big here...My first impression was not good, but we didn't choose the best place in town. I had the best place in town and am now in LOVE with Thai food! Not so much Thai iced tea though. :)
The view from your garage is beautiful! Is that a park across the way?! So glad your move went so smoothly!

A Captured Reflection April 24, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

And what a great location for a playground nearby too! That is very cool. So glad you are relishing your new home.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) April 24, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Hi Bonnie,
Welcome to TT! Congrats on your new house...it sounds awesome! I'm so glad you linked your Thai tablescape...it was fun reading what you did/bought with your gift certificate...sounds like it was perfect for your week of moving. Looking forward to more updates and more tablescapes! Susan

bj April 24, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

How cute this posting is...I am so glad you shared it all with us.
Welcome to TT and I hope to see you again...

Leeann April 24, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

So very happy for you!
Can't wait to see your tour, in whatever form it takes.

Your house sounds lovely and it looks so very green and lush there.

Welcome back from your internets!

A Captured Reflection April 24, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

It's funny you were saying...what to blog about, after meeting you I wondered what it was like for you, having to drive on the left hand side, getting used to a very different culture - some of the phrases, the general cultural and people differences - would love to read about how you found it when you first moved to Australia, the whole winter in summer thing etc.

xxx

honeysuckle April 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Congratulations! There is just nothing like your own home. And I love your original "tablecloth"! I don't think anyone else has thought of that before! Thanks for sharing and good luck getting everything in it;s proper place.

Mari April 24, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

What a great way to use the voucher - looks like quite a feast! I can't wait to see pictures of your home. I'm so happy for you!

Ldy ~~ Dy April 25, 2009 at 3:58 AM  

Yum...loved your post and your dinner! Congrats on your new home! I am glad you joined Tablescape Thursday and shared this with us!! Also...great photo of your kids in their new driveway looking over their new neighborhood!

T'lia April 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

I think I know which Thai place you're talking about! (Judging by the Pad Thai you've got there- we are VERY familiar with the Pad Thai!!)

It's one of our favourite places to go!! Pad Thai and Massaman Curry are my favs!! We usually buy two meals, and with the rice I make at home easily have enough for lunch the next day for both of us!! It's quite reasonably priced!!

Things like this are SUCH a blessing!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP