Thursday, April 30, 2009

Have I told you ...

... about Book Club ?

I don't think I have.
I've joined a book club.
A really cool one !

It's a bunch of ladies who have immigrated to Australia.

Tonight there were ladies from England, South Africa, USA (that'd be me), and Scotland.
There's a couple Aussies as well.

Photobucket

It's a great group of ladies.
And the way they run the club is soooooooo neat.

We meet every six weeks.
Each lady pays $20 each time the club is on.

Whoever hosts the book club at they place buys books and brings them the next time.
But not all the same book.
This is the neat part.

Photobucket

They buy a selection of books.
Those books go into the book club and are available for members to take home.
Kind of like a library.

Photobucket

When the book club meets, each lady tells about the books they have read.
It's such a great way to get GREAT book recommendations !
And great conversation ...

Photobucket

When it's your turn to buy the books, you put your name in the front of the ones you buy.
Then, when you leave the book club, or if it ever disbands, you keep the ones you bought.

I don't know who came up with the idea, I'll have to find out, but I think it's brilliant.
Don't you ?

Here's the books I brought home from our last meeting ....
I kept Addition because I'm half way through it.
The Reader is next on my list.

Photobucket

PS ... the sky photos are various ones I took today.
I love the sky.
I'm always looking at it.
I love clouds.
I'm always admiring them.
I could look at them all day long if I had nothing else to do ...

I'm off to bed people ... books to read, zzz's to catch ...

14 comments:

Mari April 30, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Great idea for a book club, and I think it's neat lots of you are from other countries. I love your photo's!

Kayren April 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

That is a very neat idea for a book club. I wish I knew some girls here so I could do that. The only thing is, who stores the books that aren't "checked out" or will they just go home with the buyer once everyone has read them?

Your photos of the sky are beautiful. I think the one of the moon turned out fantastic.

A Captured Reflection April 30, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Bonnie you always find the coolest things to do and have such fun doing it! How awesome.

Bonnie April 30, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Captured Reflection ... I tried to comment on your blog but it said that only team members can leave comments ...

Bonnie April 30, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Kayren,

Good question ! The books are kept in a suitcase. The person who is hosting the next book club takes the suitcase home so it is there when we all arrive.

Amy April 30, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

Sounds just marvelous, Bonnie!

What a wonderful group to have found to indulge your love of books... that is just awesome!

Kayren April 30, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Thanks, Bonnie!

Sarah April 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

That is a great and unique idea for a book club. You'll have to do a review online - even a thumbs up or down. Personally, I'm picky. I hate buying books that I might not like. It's the frugal part of me. :)

Love the pictures, as usual!

Cheri April 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

That is a good idea!
That first picture is awesome!!

Leeann April 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Love that first photo, Bonnie. It is beautiful!

How often do you get stateside to visit your family?

I agree, that is a unique and very cool bookclub idea!

A Captured Reflection May 1, 2009 at 5:30 AM  

Hello Bonnie. Oh I had sent you an email inviting you to comment..I have now opened up my blog for comments.

Palmer and Co May 1, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

L O V E these photos!!! So cool!! Can't wait to hear about these books! They all have great covers!

Ms Muffin May 3, 2009 at 4:43 AM  

Oh, I really love the idea of a book club. I am reading alot lately ... and am always looking for new books I might like. I have never heard of a book club before but it sounds really fun!
And I love your photos of the sky! They look great!

T'lia May 11, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

I want to join your book club!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP