Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sharing Osborne

Photobucket

Are there certain things that remind you of your childhood ?
Things that when you see them,
taste them,
hear them,
smell them,
touch them,
take you back ??
The other day I needed some dry sherry for a recipe.
I went to the bottle-o to get some and saw this !
Osborne Sherry !!
I was instantly transported to Spain !
To my youth ...

Last night Rory and I had a few nibblies while we were cooking dinner.
Olives, tapenade and crackers.
I enjoyed mine with a small glass of this beautiful Sherry !

Just wanted to share ...


5 comments:

Cherdecor March 2, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

I have never tasted wine. The Bible says that it is for sick people. Ha! Ha! But because I have digestion problems, I often take a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with water after a meal. That always settles my stomach.

Vikki Wright March 2, 2009 at 3:50 AM  

What part of Spain did you grow up in? I studied at the University of Salamanca for 6 months...it was my first overseas trip, and it changed my life forever. I love Spain! Que quay!

Wil's Wheels March 2, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

As a person who has never left the US, I love it when someone shares their memories.

And I LOVE the photo of you!

Amy March 2, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

love those things that transport! Nothing like them... coffee is one of those things for me. Reminds me of waking up in the morning, to the smell of coffee brewing and seeing my sweet Momma's face... mmmmm love those memories.

This sounds just delish!

Sabba and Nanny March 2, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

And of course, the Osborne bodegas were in Puerto de Santa Maria, where we lived, and the Osborne bull was ubiquitous on the hills of southern Spain.

We buy Osborne sherry right here in Colorado, too, and serve it on our tapas nights!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP