Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Life ...

Photobucket

... is what we make it.

I really believe that.
Sure, there are circumstances and situations and things that change it for good or bad.
Things outside of our control.
But still, I believe that life is what we make it.

Choices.

Attitudes.

These two things are really weighing on my heart.
We have a 'circumstance', a 'situation', that involves Rory's work schedule for the next three months that is really getting me down, no that's not the right word ...
Let's just say, I'm not excited about it.

But ... it is what it is.

And all that's left is for me to have the right attitude.
I struggle with that.
And so I've been thinking.
And praying.
And making choices.
Sure, I'm praying that it will change.
That they will find another way to get the work done.
But, if this is the way it ends up being, then I'm going to have the right attitude.
I'm going to chose to.

Because,

LIFE ...

is what we make it.

And that's all I have to say about that.

(At least for now.)

PS ... I know my post has nothing to do with the photo.
I just love it though.
Jono wakes up in the mornings now,
gets whatever book he has on the go and reads to his hearts content.
I love that he does that.

6 comments:

Cheri March 17, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

I do hope it changes but even if it doesn't what a great example you're giving your children of choosing to have a good attitude about difficult situations!

Sandra March 18, 2009 at 2:09 AM  

Great post Bonnie...and I love the photo. I love seeing kids enjoying books, it always melts my heart when I find mine with a book in hand.

Oh my username at Ravelry is Sillybugs...

Amy March 18, 2009 at 2:44 AM  

oh yes yes... Bonnie I know that "not excited about it" feeling... But isn't life always a journey of bumps and sharp turns.. of valleys and peaks... of trusting and hoping... living and dying our own ways... ugh!

The outcome is the best, but it's the getting through that is so stinky.

hmmm.. praying for you today!

Hugs... Amy

Leeann March 18, 2009 at 5:56 AM  

Bonnie,

I could have written your post today.

Actually, that is not right. In a couple of days, I could have written your post. Right now I am still struggling to right my boat so that I can get my attitude on straight. I'm working on it, though.

Love the photo of Jono.

Sabba and Nanny March 18, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

Amen and amen!

Toni March 18, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

What a great attitude you have!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP