Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ Week 4


Hosted by Sandra at 'Diary of A Stay at Home Mom'


On my bedside table:
The Love Dare by Stephen and Alex Kendrick
Love As A Way Of Life by Gary Chapman


On my TV:
The kids are watching Ratatouille.

On the menu for tonight:
Believe it or not ... there is, as of yet, no menu planned for this week. Eek ! I just couldn't get motivated yesterday and then today ... well today lacked a bit of motivation as well. Rory is at a work seminar tonight. The kids and I are having eggs with grapes and raisin toast on the side !

On my To Do List:
  • The car had another appointment with the mechanic. There were a few things they needed parts for that they couldn't fix last week. YEAH ... THAT WAS ON THE LIST LAST MONDAY TOO !!! I THINK MAYBE WE'RE FINALLY FINISHED.
  • Start new devotional books with kids. Alia and I have done hers for today and I'll do Jono's with him before bed. I'll share the books with you later in the week. I just found them today and they are really neat. Aimed at 6-9 year olds !! I think they are going to be just what I was looking for !!
  • Hang out with Toni. We went to the bookstore because she wanted to get "The Love Dare" I ended up getting a copy too. She also bought the movie Fireproof which we watched this afternoon. The acting left a bit a lot to be desired but the topic (marriage) and the story kept my interest ...
New Recipe I tried last week:

Asparagus Alfredo Pasta - one my Mom posted to the beans blog ...

Photobucket

In the craft basket:
A whole heap of knitting books that I got from the library. Seriously ... like 15 books !! I can't wait to try out a bunch of the patterns !!

Looking forward to:
MOVING INTO OUR NEW HOUSE !!!!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I saw the best tip this week as I was searching blog land !! It's for repairing a door hinge ... super cool !! Go take a look ...

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I haven't done a whole lot of blog reading this week.

Favorite photo from last week:

Photobucket

MMMM ..... Tangy Olive Salad .....

Lesson learned the past few days:
I attended a seminar on Saturday ... ALL DAY ... learning how to protect our kids on the internet. It was horrifying and terrifying but also informative and useful.

On my Prayer List:
My kids !!!!!!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Still reading the Psalms ....

5 comments:

Kari March 17, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

Bonnie,
Congrats on your new house. It must be exciting.
I love the photos of your food and I love your lesson learned.
Oh the internet so wonderful yet so scary at the same time – especially with the kids being so computer savvy these days.
Have a great week!!

Kath March 17, 2009 at 2:54 AM  

Super tip! I've been doing that hinge thing for years but using kleenex instead of matchsticks... why did I never think of that?!? I can hardly think of eating asparagus any other way any more...and I have several other yummy ways I prepare it, too!!! Make sure you photocopy the favorite pages from those knitting books, you will want to see them again, I guarantee it!!! Uncle Bob long ago suggested that we read 5 psalms and one proverb every day so that we read through those books every single month! You can't go wrong there!

Stacy March 17, 2009 at 3:21 AM  

I bet you are so excited about the house! That is such a great thing. That is a great shot of the salad, too. I can almost taste it. :)

Sandra March 17, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

Yummy looking salad :)

Great lesson learned, it really is a scary place isn't it?

Khrista March 24, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

LOVE the yellow bowl! :)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP