Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sharing Reality

Photobucket


I think that often times, in blog land, we get a skewed idea of people and their lives. You may look at all of my organizing posts and think that my house is always spotless. Today, I'm going to dispel that myth !

I don't think it is realistic for a home, especially a home with children, to be spotless 24/7. Life, for me is about much more than a spotless home. I don't have the time, nor the inclination to clean any more than necessary. Maybe that is one of my motivations for being so organized.

Even so ...this is what my house often looks like at the end of the week. I did not pick up anything. I did not move anything. I did not put anything away before making this. I just got the camera on Saturday morning and went around and made this video. You may notice too that I didn't get out of my pajamas ... didn't even brush my hair !

This is as authentic as it gets, people !

Please excuse the irritating way I am speaking. How many times can one person say "right ..." ? I don't do that in real life. Not that I know of. I didn't even notice that I was doing it. Rory pointed it out when I showed him the video !

And for some reason, on this video, I have a lisp. Wild !!

5 comments:

Mari February 15, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

This was great! It was nice to see everything isn't perfect at your place, but better yet to hear your voice and see your home!

Sandra February 15, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

I loved this video Bonnie, you are a funny lady, you cracked me up with the fish LOL

Khrista February 15, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

That was fun! The weekends are usually when my house starts to get disorganized...Loved the tour.

Toni February 16, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

Woohoo!!! An untidy study for a change hahahahaha

Just love it!!! (though your untidy is my clean lol)

Mrs. Wallace February 17, 2009 at 2:16 AM  

I tried to watch the video and it never loaded. Weird! I was looking forward to the lisp :-)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP