Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sharing A Scarf

Photobucket

The kids started school today !
(Well, it will actually be yesterday since I'm not posting this 'til midnight !)

For Alia, it was the first day of Prep. (Kindergarten in the States) She was alright getting ready, dropping Jono off and even getting her photo taken by her new teacher. But, as all the parents were standing around and the time was drawing nearer, she finally lost it. She started crying and we weren't able to console her. In the end, when it was time for all the parents to leave, she was still crying (very loudly !) and we just had to peel her off my arm and leave her with the teachers aide. She did settle down and had a good day in the end. I asked her if she's going to be able to start the day without crying ... the verdict is still out on that one !

I went into work to discover that my computer was not working .... about an hour later, the IT guy had it up and running and my day progressed nicely from there.

After school, I sent the kids into the back yard pool to run off their excess energy ! I sat in the family room, where I could see them, watched a cooking show then some of the Australian open tennis while I worked on the scarf that I am knitting.

I am a beginner. My Mom taught me to knit two years ago when she was visiting me here but then I put it down and forgot how. A quick refresher course while we were just there and I'm back on track. Today, I had a look at a few video tutorials on line and I now know how to cast on and cast off !

I found a really neat site too that I think you should all go visit ... it's called The Purl Bee ... loved it !!

Well, Rory just called out and said there is a NCIS on that we haven't seen so I'm going to go watch with him and work some more on my knitting !!




6 comments:

Mari January 28, 2009 at 3:06 AM  

Your knitting is looking very nice. I did a little knitting many years ago and have mostly forgotten how. I'll have to go to that site.

Mari January 28, 2009 at 3:09 AM  

Can you check your link for the purl bee - it's not working for me. Thanks!

Cheri January 28, 2009 at 3:19 AM  

That must have been so hard to leave her there so upset. Glad she ended up having a good day.
The link isn't working for me either and I can't wait to go there. I've been wanting to learn how to knit for a long time and I'm ready to have a go at it!

Bonnie January 28, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

Ok ... I've fixed the link ! Hope it works for you ! Cheri ... I found some great video tutorials on You Tube. I just typed in casting on (that's how you start) and then casting off (that's how you finish) and there were even ones for knitting and purling ...

Sandra January 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Glad she ended up having a good day :)

I love the knitting, it's looking great.

Mrs. Wallace January 29, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

I can't wait to see the finished product! I finally got a good chunk of mine done and haven't ripped the whole thing out in a while...but then again, I put it down for a while because I switched to knitting hats for the USO. :-)

Hope school went better the rest of the week...I can't imagine how hard that was on you!! Just in case you were wondering though...YOU ARE A GREAT, WONDERFUL, FABULOUSLY, AMAZINGLY, AWESOME MOTHER :-)

by the by...the link worked for me


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP