Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Corner View {Thankfulness}

Photobucket

One of my facebook statuses last week read ...

"Happy Thanksgiving!

It's not til tomorrow in the States, and it's not an Australian holiday so it's not actually Thanksgiving here today but WHATEVER! I'm of the opinion that everyday should be Thanksgiving ... there is just way too much in life to not be thankful, every day ... really, even more than that.

Today, just off the top of my head, I'm thankful that I'm alive, that my husband loves me, that my children light up my life. I'm thankful that I'm free. I'm thankful for parents who taught me, well, pretty much everything. I'm thankful for siblings, both blood and in-law who are friend as well as family. I'm thankful for friends that I love as though they were family. I'm thankful for my nieces, nephews, aunties, uncles, grandparents, godparents and COUSINS! I'm thankful that I get to work everyday in a place that believes "People Matter", but more than believes is ... lives it. I'm thankful that I live near the beach and in a country with koalas and kangaroos. And beautiful flowers and birds! I'm thankful for sunshine.

I could go on and still not EVEN cover the tip of the iceberg."

and then later in the week, this ... 
and i quote ... "As we endeavor to list all the things for which to be thankful, we are overwhelmed by the task, because everything in life is an object worthy of thanksgiving." Taken from an amazing blog post my Dad James wrote for Thanksgiving this year.

I just read it for the first time today and you should too. Go on ... you'll be glad you did. http://yeshliblog.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/thanksgiving-2012.html

**
Corner View was created by Jane at Spain Daily and is now hosted by Francesca.  It is bloggers from all over the world, posting photos of a specific weekly theme.  To join, just post to your own blog and then link up over at Francesca's Corner View for the week.  Then, visit the other Corner Views ... that's my favorite part !  Seeing the interpretations of the themes, visiting different cultures, learning something new !

9 comments:

Sabba and Nanny November 29, 2012 at 6:35 AM  

Good post, Bon. Love it.

Heather November 29, 2012 at 7:25 AM  

Beautiful photo and beautiful words!

Alla November 29, 2012 at 8:16 AM  

well you are your dad's daughter! :) and how cool is your dad for blogging!?

shayndel November 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM  

Beautiful and so true that the list of thanks keeps growing! THank you! I love the butterfly photo.
I`ll look at your Dad`s post now*)♡

Beth November 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM  

Wonderful---made me feel good just reading it. Lovely photo too.
I have found that ever since I take a moment every morning to write things I'm thankful for, my perspective on life is so much better--so much brighter.
I will read your dad's link later (time to get ready for school), but I love the quote you shared.:>)

Beth November 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM  

Actually, that's an AWESOME photo--all that detail! Gorgeous!

Menthe Blanche November 30, 2012 at 4:14 AM  

Beautiful words (and I like your photo too) !

likeschocolate November 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM  

Beautiful! I keep forgetting it is summer down there! Have a great weekend!

Kari November 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM  

there are so many 'gifts' to be thankful for, we just need to take time and actually recognize them.
I love that 'people matter' - so true.
love your post and photo.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP