Wednesday, October 17, 2012

{Jewelry} Corner View



Photobucket

My Grandma died a few years ago.  I still miss her.
I have little bits and pieces of her things scattered around my house that remind me of her
and make me smile !  This is one of those things.

In the weeks after her death, my Mom, her two sisters, their husbands 
and all of my cousins (there are 8 of us) sorted through her things
and decided what to do with them.

This box is one of my favorite of her things that came home with me.

It's not a special box.  It's just cardboard. 
It's not special jewelry .  It's just costume ... and clip ons at that.
It's the word GLITTER on the front that makes it
so special to me.  It's the organizing of it
into a catagory and storing these
things in a labeled box ! 

It is a way that I am like my Grandma.  And that, to me, is special.
It reminds me where I come from ... and that the way I am
is in my blood.  And that I should be ME because my
Grandma was always HERSELF and she
was wonderful.  and very loved.

and I love that she called the box
GLITTER ... though these
days we would
most likely
label
it
 
BLING !


 
 
 
**
Corner View was created by Jane at Spain Daily and is now hosted by Francesca.  It is bloggers from all over the world, posting photos of a specific weekly theme.  To join, just post to your own blog and then link up over at Francesca's Corner View for the week.  Then, visit the other Corner Views ... that's my favorite part !  Seeing the interpretations of the themes, visiting different cultures, learning something new !

9 comments:

Mrs. Wallace October 18, 2012 at 6:16 AM  

Maybe it's cause I'm tired...maybe it's because I'm over emotional today...maybe it's just that this is such a sweet post...maybe it's because I miss her, and you, too...maybe a combination of all - but I definitely got teary reading this post

Anonymous October 18, 2012 at 6:55 AM  

I think you're right on #3 Pammy. It's just a sweet post. I love this so much that I popped right over to leave a comment. What a great insight into who you are and where you came from. I also love seeing Grandma's handwriting on the box.
I love these thoughts, Bon.

Sabba and Nanny October 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM  

Beautiful. Well said. So true.

Heather October 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM  

I love that story! "Glitter" - fabulous!

likeschocolate October 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM  

What sweet memories! Love Grandma's jewelery.

Menthe Blanche October 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM  

Beautiful story and memories of your Grandma. Thank you for sharing :)

Anonymous October 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM  

what a nice post, and nice comments from family - it shows how the internet can be a good means of bringing/keeping people together.

shayndel October 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM  

It`s so beautiful to feel how your grandmother`s spirit shines through your post, and your special connection to her. I love the photo too,how you are opening the box for us right there to see the sparkle!  ☆☆

Li + Belle October 19, 2012 at 2:06 AM  

I also have a memory of my grandma like you - a necklace.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP