Sunday, May 6, 2012

Where Grace Abides



Remember the book I read last month called Rachel's Secret ?  Well, this is book two in that series.  I love books that are part of a series !  I'll tell you why.  My least favorite thing about most books is that they end.  I get so attached to the characters that sometimes I actually 'miss' them once I finish a book !  A series means that the book ends but the lives of the characters continue into another book !  And then another !  Yeah, it means I'm even MORE attached at the end of a series ... but it's worth it !

My library only had this book in large print.  I found that a bit off putting but wanted to read the book enough to persist ! 

Where Grace Abides is a simple read.  It doesn't require much thinking.  I like this, as some of the books I read are of a more difficult subject matter.  It's good to have a break from that !  I do find this series, while simple and appealing to also be heart wrenching at certain points.  I never knew that the Amish were picked on and even victimized at times ...

What inspires me most is the way the Amish stick together.  The way they are there for each other in times of celebration, as well as tragedy.  And in those times of tragedy, the way they grieve but also forgive.  

Book three is reserved in my name, but someone else wants it first so I'll have to wait a bit.  In the meantime, I'm starting a new book called My Name is Mary Sutter.  And my sister just posted a review of a book called Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet that I'm going to try and reserve from the library as well.   Ellie, my sister, is an amazing writer and reviewer and has a blog dedicated to book reviews, you should check it out !

What are you reading at the moment ?


2 comments:

likeschocolate May 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM  

I am reading Secret Kept by the same woman who wrote Sara's Key. So far it is good. I too hate when books end. Love your interpretation of purple.

Sabba and Nanny May 10, 2012 at 7:28 AM  

I agree about books in a series. Many of the books I read are in series. I have read the Nero Wolfe books (46 of them) over and over, because it's all about the characters and their lives. This goes along with Louis L'Amour's statement about living more than one life if you're a reader. Have to keep track of my various lives!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP