Thursday, May 31, 2012

Still Waters

 

 Still Waters 
by Camilla Noli

I didn't care much for this book. 
I have previously read Broken Fences by this same author.
I didn't care much for that one either.

Maybe that should have been my first clue.

But, I had finished my other book and I needed something to read until I could get to the library today to pick up my reserves and I knew this would be a quick read, and it was on my library book shelf so I read it.  It took me less than two hours.  But, it's a two hours I wish I'd used doing something else.

I don't like writing reviews for books I didn't like.  Mostly because I'd be sad if the author read it.  I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings because I'm sure they put their heart and soul into writing.

It's not the style of writing of that I didn't like.  That was fine.

It's the subject matter.

I guess this book just left me wondering ... 

why ?  

 was the point of it all ?  

why would someone do that ?  

how could a person be so utterly self centered ? 

And this one, unlike the other one, 

didn't end well.

It left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

**

And that, is all I have to say, about that ...


1 comments:

Mari May 31, 2012 at 12:09 AM  

Sounds way too sad for me!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP