Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Corner View {In The Sky}

 

It's almost palpable ... the freedom of a bird.

I love watching them as they flit about, eating seed from our bird feeder,

flipping water around, drinking out of and bathing in

our bird bath,  listening to their songs

and sometimes getting a good

look as they sit still

on a branch.

but 


only for a moment ... and then, just like that, they are off again ....

***

Corner View was created by Jane at Spain Daily and is now hosted by Francesca.  It is bloggers from all over the world, posting photos of a specific weekly theme.  To join, just post to your own blog and then link up over at Francesca's Corner View for the week.  Then, visit the other Corner Views ... that's my favorite part !  Seeing the interpretations of the themes, visiting different cultures, learning something new !
 ***

17 comments:

Joyce May 23, 2012 at 3:17 PM  

A great shot of the bird. It amazed me to watch them fly among the clouds. xo

Unknown May 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM  

Beautiful colours! And good shot.
I only listen them...hardly can be seen at city

swig May 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM  

beautiful! I wish you a nice day! warm greetings from Paris.

likeschocolate May 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM  

Yes, wouldn't it be great to be a bird for a day. I have always wanted to go parasailing for this reason, but don't know if I will ever gather the courage to do it.

Anonymous May 23, 2012 at 7:13 PM  

what a beautiful bird ... and a nice capture. as they are still only for moments at the time they are really difficult to capture I think :)

Francesca May 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM  

Oh, Bonnie, what a lovely poem and graphic!

Kari May 24, 2012 at 2:43 AM  

that is such a great photo.
just the other day I saw a beautiful bird and in a flash it was gone!

nadine paduart May 24, 2012 at 2:54 AM  

birds in the sky, indeed. i almost expect him to quiver and quickly move that little head!
n♥

Kristin May 24, 2012 at 4:15 AM  

The little one is so cute!

Theresa May 24, 2012 at 4:30 AM  

Beautiful shot
beautiful thought
to be that free!!

Menthe Blanche May 24, 2012 at 5:56 AM  

This is a lovely bird. I don't see this sort of bird in my yard.

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem May 24, 2012 at 7:14 AM  

Fantastic photograph. So beautiful.

http://hibiscusbloem.blogspot.com/2012/05/corner-view-up-in-sky.html

Beth May 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM  

Such a darling bird--I love the coloring and those big eyes.

It's always interesting and educational for me when I read my students' remarks to the maya angelou's poem about the caged bird vs. the free one.

One student recently got me thinking by saying that only the caged bird appreciates the gift of freedom much more than the free bird that takes it for granted. Hmmmm.

l i s e May 24, 2012 at 7:40 PM  

very lovely photo, just like you love to look at birds
happy day

gis May 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM  

what a beautiful bird, so lovely and a dreaming athmosphere!

Mezzamay May 26, 2012 at 7:44 AM  

What an adorable little chap!
Love your poem :-)

Redeker May 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM  

what a lovely bird and great words with them!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP