Thursday, May 24, 2012

Broken Fences


I read this book yesterday.  Yep, the whole thing.  264 pages.  It only took a few hours total.

I didn't love this book.  Not because it wasn't well written.  It was.  In fact, I enjoyed the language in the book ... I could tell straight away that it was written by an Aussie.  

I almost didn't continue reading it after the scene that was set in the first couple of pages.  In the end I'm glad I continued on, only because I would have been forever wondering what had happened ....

A story about holding on too tight, about control in an effort to protect.  An effort that eventually will only destroy.  I found the story interesting in that the mother was trying to avoid her children facing the same heartache she had as a child, but instead she actually caused it. 

It's about secrets and assumptions and the havoc they wreak. 

It's about childhood.  And parenthood.  And friendships, young and old.

I was left wondering throughout the book what was going to happen next, always in the back of my mind thinking back to how it had started.  The eternal optimist that I am, I held out hope that things would change ... and in the end, I was happy with the outcome.  

It ended well, I'll give it that.


** 
Broken Fences was written by Camilla Noli
 
 

1 comments:

;) May 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM  

Now, I'm curious ;) Thanks for sharing.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP