Sunday, November 13, 2011

11-11-11

I totally wanted to get a photo like this but I didn't. I was too busy at work. But then I got on facebook and saw that my Mom had gotten one ! How cool is it ?!  11-11-11 Remembrance Day here in Australia.  Veterans Day in America. 


My Dad wrote a Veterans Day post that you all should read !  He is a veteran himself .... in fact, I come from a long line of veterans.


My Dad's Dad.


My Mom's Dad.


My Dad.


My Mom and Dad.


My Uncle Phil .. who built the monument below ...


A reminder to all of us that FREEDOM is NOT FREE.


It has been paid for with lives ...

We remember.

Lest we forget.

4 comments:

Sabba and Nanny November 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

Great post, Bon. I love it.

Mari November 13, 2011 at 12:58 PM  

Great post, and I also enjoyed reading your Dad's post. Thanks to all those in your family who served.
PS - I love that picture of your Dad's Dad!

Terri November 13, 2011 at 3:35 PM  

Love those picture. Send a word of thanks to your family for their service.

un arc-en-ciel dans le lavabo November 14, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

one of my friends took a screen shot too at 11.11 am on 11.11.11 :)
i didn't think of doing anything... maybe i'll catch up on 12.12.12 ?!
Nov 11 is Remembrance day here in France too. And I always remember that my grandmother almost died on WW2 (even if it is a different celebration day) and if she had I wouldn't be born to this world...
This is a touching post, and thank you for sharing these photos.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP