Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In The Garden, Again ...

Rory and I spent an afternoon in the garden the other day. We did a lot of pruning and planting and transplanting. The hibiscus needed a pruning, so I got stuck into that ! We kept saying we would wait til it stopped flowering but it just hasn't stopped all year !! It was well and truly overgrown and with all the family coming for Christmas we decided to just go ahead and do it ! I did get a lovely vase full of cut flowers out of it !! So pretty. Too bad they only last a day or two once you cut them off the plant ! It's looking good, a bit sparse but it will bush up again in no time !



Rory took a bunch of small pots that we had round about and put the plants into one big pot. It looks really cool ! Just lots of different color greens ... but in a terracotta pot. I love it.



Especially the ferns.
Aren't they soooo pretty ?



We've got more sunflowers coming out.
Little buds too ...




And the snapdragons are delightful.
They live in a little rocky garden along the side of the house.
They were an experiment ... just to add a bit of color.
I'm so glad they've taken.
They are so cheery
and bright.



I don't know how many more times I'll post between now and the New Year. We've got various family members arriving all week long but tomorrow things will get busy and computer time will be quite limited. It's exciting though. I love having people here. And all the celebrations ! Ahhhh ... I just love this time of year ! I spent today doing last minute things. I have a couple more ... like picking up the ham on Christmas Eve. Rory and I started wrapping this afternoon and will finish up tonight after the kids are in bed. And then ... it will be time to RELAX !! Lookin' forward to it ! I hope you all are enjoying this Christmas season ! I'll be round to catch up with all of you as I can ... but certainly in the New Year when things slow down again and become a bit more 'normal' !!


7 comments:

JuanitaTortilla December 22, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

Ferns are great in their own right :)

Thank you for sharing these lovely floral colours. It's a stark contrast to the gloom and cold of winter over here. (Oh, the aftermath of snow... ugh.)

Have a great festive season!

Sabba and Nanny December 22, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Glad you're having so much family around for the holidays. We'll miss hearing from you, but we'll understand. Have fun and say hi to everyone. We're having Uncle Larry and Aunt Jo here in January. We're also planning to visit Ellie and Ryan in January. We wish we could see you, but at the same time we are thankful for last year. Merry Christmas, and may the New Year be the best ever. Blessing in the name of the Neme. Love, Dad

;) December 22, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

It's a beautiful present for us for Xmas... Beautiful work and pictures ! Thanks ! I wish you a great time with the people you love... Read you next year

Anonymous December 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

gorgeous garden you have!

Mari December 23, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

What a beautiful garden you have. Hibiscus flowers are one of my favorites.
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Palmer and Co December 23, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

Oh, I'd love to tour your garden in person! It's beautiful!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful, happy, sunny Christmas!

It's been a treat getting to know you this year!

...Lisa

Anonymous December 24, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

Merry Christmas and are those colors all so bright and cheery? Beautiful. Here it's just rainy wet or cloudy :( WE DID HAVE one day of snow hehe but only one day so far. It's ALL gone now. Washed away by the rain the very next day! I wonder if it'll snow Christmas day. I hope not!! I dislike the snow very much. Today there was a chilly wind though. Our faces were frozen while walking along the dyke with Panda, our puppy, but we survived.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP