Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pink and Photo Thought #1

Photobucket

How pretty are these pink flowers ?
Rory reckons that the plant they grow on is a weed.
I don't care ... I think they are beautiful !

And look at this funny guy ...
I don't know what he is, some sort of grasshopper ?

Photobucket

I've been thinking for a while to share some photography thoughts with you all.
Not that I have it all figured out ... I'd still consider myself at the level right before beginner !
But ... I have been thinking about how I take photos and I have a few things I'd like to share.
Might be helpful. Might not. But I'm going to share them anyway.

As it's a bit daunting though to try and put them all in one post,
I thought I'd just share them one at a time. Break it up. Make it easier ~ for me.

Photo Thought #1

Whenever I am taking a photo,
I try to concentrate on what it is I like about what I'm shooting,
and then focus my lens on that.
What is it that drew my eye to the object I'm photographing ?
Is it the color ? the shape ? the texture ?
Is it the blowing of the wind or the crashing of the waves ?
Is it the puffiness of the clouds or the color of the sun behind it ?
Is it the look on someones face?
Or could it be what they are doing ?

I try my best to capture THAT.
The thing that draws me.
The thing I want
EVERYONE
to see.

Does that make sense ?

4 comments:

Mari November 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

Oooh! I like that photo tip! And you are beyond a beginner. I love your photo's.
This flower is so pretty - best looking weed I've seen in some time.

Khrista November 1, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

perfect sense...beautiful images! :)

Amy November 1, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Fabulous advice, Bonnie! I love that! Gorgeous gorgeous pink flower and funny little bug... love love your photographer's eye! You have such a gift! Can't wait for you to get your DSLR! Watch out world!

Hugs.. Amy

Unknown November 1, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

That makes total sense and it's very good advice! Thanks!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP