Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Covered Cork Board

I've been wanting to do this ever since I saw the idea on my friend Talia's blog back in August.

Such a cool idea and it was so simple !
I won't give you the tutorial ... you can go to Talia's ... she has explained it all there.

You will need:

A cork board
A glue gun and plenty of glue sticks
A piece of material big enough to go over the cork board.
I chose this happy piece that my Mom gave me last time we were visiting.

Photobucket

Don't waste your time ironing the material ... all the wrinkles get stretched out.

See ....

Photobucket

I added some hooky thumb tacks to the bottom for them to hang stringed items from ...

Photobucket

And here's how it looks in the toy room.

Photobucket

The frames are the kids birth certificates.
Under them are some paintings they did when they were 4 and 2.
So cute !

Photobucket

On the top is a beach scene that Jono painted last year.
And then the two paintings the kids did for each other for Christmas 2007.

~~

We've had a lovely couple of days at home. It's school holiday time for the kids which means no school for two weeks ! Rory took the first couple of days off and we just hung around with each other. We did a bit of stuff around the house. I worked a couple of early mornings to get caught up while Rory and the kids slept in. We hung a few things on the wall (finally) but have a long way to go with that still ! I did some organizing. Rory and the kids fed the ducks at the lake. We went to see the movie "Up". It's a great movie. I'd recommend it ! We all enjoyed it. There's been lots of playing at the park and just a general enjoying of the Springtime around here ! I heard there was snow in Colorado ... eek ! Anyone wanting to escape the white stuff is welcome to join us here ... :)

Anyhoo ... I'd better get off the computer and get moving. I feel a bit lax since we don't have to get out the door for school but I do have to work a couple of hours this morning. The kids will play in the creche and then we will go do something fun together ! I'm waiting to hear back from a friend ... we had scheduled to do something today but that was weeks ago and I only just remembered last night. I'm hoping she hasn't forgotten as well ...

10 comments:

Mrs. Wallace September 23, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

I love how the board turned out. I had someone make me a covered cork board when I went away to college...they put stuffing under the fabric and ribbons so it could hold pictures. It was pretty, but with no nails allowed in the walls at school, a little impractical.

Glad you're enjoying spring and family time. I think maybe I'll get on a plane tomorrow...

andrafaye September 23, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

That looks great Bonnie! If I ever get a minute I'd love to make one. Jono and Alia's birth certificates are so pretty! Much better than what they distribute here!
Anyway, what is "creche"?? Love that you are getting some family time...always good.

T'lia September 23, 2009 at 7:51 AM  

Yay! So glad someone's used the idea! The material you chose is fantastic for it Bonnie!

Juana September 23, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

Love the bright circles! Bravo Bonnie!
I did one too, but using bottle corks.

Mari September 23, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

I love this! It's so cheery and I love the kids art work being used too!

Kari September 23, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

I love the cork board. It's lovely and bright. I've been thinking of making one too just haven't got round to it. Now I can follow your easy instructions - thanks!
I know what you mean about getting stuff hung up onto the wall. We got some done a couple of weeks ago to but have a long way to go.
Happy Day and school holidays with your kiddos!

Anonymous September 23, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Nice fun material for your play room!

And snow already? yuck!

I'm glad we get more rain than snow!!! It hardly ever snows here, and if it did it's just a bit...the next day the rain usually washes it away!

Rarely do we get more than an inch!! and even more rarely does it even bother to stick around...

Here on the West Coast of Canada we have crazy weather. In the Winter especially! One day it's HOT and sunny, the next day pouring, and then the day after that snow, but then the next day HOT and sunny again or pouring. Snow never stays!

JuanitaTortilla September 23, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

*hand to heart* That is one lovely and lively wall you've got there!

Tessa September 24, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

What joyful cacophony of colour! I can feel the happiness and laughter and the peace and pleasure of your home. No wonder art thrives there. M

Palmer and Co September 25, 2009 at 1:55 AM  

OH!!! So dang cute!! And clever!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP