Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Corner View - Weekend Evenings

Today has been long.

Seriously.

In a nut shell, it looked like this:

7:00am get up, drink coffee, get ready, pack lunches, get kids to school, get a (desperately needed) haircut, and get to work by 9:30 am. Work til 1:00pm when get phone call from Rory that the eye doctor wants to see him because his eyes won't stay open. Rush home, pick up Rory without entering house or even turning off car. Take him across town to doctor. Come home. Cook dinner for family. It's now 2:45pm. Freshen up. Pick up kids from school. Bring them home, get them a snack and settled in front of ABC kids on tv. Give instructions to take good care of Daddy who is back in bed. Head back to work to fill in for co-worker who called in sick. It's now 4:00pm. Have coffee. Work til 7:30pm. Head upstairs for music practice. Sing my guts out til 9:30pm. Drive home. Say goodnight to Rory who woke up when I was changing into my pjs. Make sure electric blanket is turned on, and head out to computer to unwind a bit before bed ... it's now 10:13pm !

We spent the weekend visiting with family and I didn't get any 7:45pm photos. I was intending to find appropriate photos out of the bazillion photos I have saved on my computer but I'm too pooped ... see above paragraph !!

Weekend evenings for us ...

By 7:45pm the kiddos are either in bed or just about in bed and we are enjoying the calm.

The quiet.

You may find us reading (both), playing guitar (him) /piano (her), watching a movie (together), watching football (him) / blogging (her), knitting (only her!), drawing (again, her), playing a game (against each other) ... that sort of stuff.

Photobucket

I'm looking forward to seeing what the other corner viewers get up to on their weekend evenings, starting with Jane, the hostess ... but not tonight.

It's time for sleep.

It's now 10:23 pm.

26 comments:

Mari July 22, 2009 at 11:52 PM  

What a crazy day you had! I hope today is a little calmer!

skywind July 22, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

Oh, very long time of the day. Too busy. :(

skinner studio July 23, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

Cute picture! Love little kid toes...

Anonymous July 23, 2009 at 12:51 AM  

oh, life with kids :)

Pamela July 23, 2009 at 1:22 AM  

I'm exhausted just reading your Friday line-up! I hope your weekend was relaxing.

Allison July 23, 2009 at 1:36 AM  

Love the photo... what a day! Good to hear that you survived.

Joyce July 23, 2009 at 1:52 AM  

I think I need a nap after reading your day! How is Rory's eyes?
I hope today is a little more peaceful. xoxo

Ana Cristina Abreu July 23, 2009 at 2:22 AM  

it's so beautiful kids reading!!

great photo!!

caitlin July 23, 2009 at 4:30 AM  

Wow busy woman! Sounds a tad hectic. But I love that last picture! Great post.

liza July 23, 2009 at 5:08 AM  

Life gets us sometimes! Even so, I still love this post and this sweet, sweet photo! I hope tomorrow is less crazy.

Sarah July 23, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

I feel your pain - are Rory's eyes better? Hope all is well in that dept!

Where do you work?

A Captured Reflection July 23, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

My goodness what a full on day, so eventful and all at once. I hope Rory's eyes are doing much better. Hope you get a chance to slow it down as the week goes on.

Kari July 23, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

You are just a little busy huh! But looks like you made it through the day.
Hope Rory eyes are feeling better.

Anonymous July 23, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

I didn't realize that it was LAST weekend that we were to post for this corner view!!

So I'm still going to document this coming weekend for mine!! I'm aiming for Friday night at 745pm.

I can't remember what I did last weekend :P

MisterE July 23, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

I don't blame you for wanting some shuteye! I hope you found some.

Kayren July 23, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

That was a doozy!

Joanna Jenkins July 23, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

Phew! Sweet dreams!
And that's a great picture at the end :-)

Amy July 23, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

Well hey there! Praying for Rory... yikes!! Please keep us posted on how he is doing, Bonnie! My goodness... that is a very busy day.... phew! I am tired just reading it... love your sweeties little toes, reading a book :)

I have to get in and play on the Corner View too! These are so fun!

Hugs.. Amy

Ritva July 23, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

hope everything is ok!
love those little toes :)
hugs!

Erin July 23, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

Wow, busy weekend! Your evenings sounds very familiar to ours. :)

Unknown July 23, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

Wow, take a rest!
Don´t worry about the photos.

This next one will be ok too.

And rest!

Palmer and Co July 24, 2009 at 12:51 AM  

Oh, man! Hope today is more calm!

Unknown July 24, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

sounds like burning the candle at both ends and the middle too ....

I'm loving the picture of a child in bed reading - head to toes wrapped up in a good book :)

latisha July 24, 2009 at 2:36 AM  

love your evenings. they sound delicious and relaxing. life with kiddos is a ball isnt it?

Anonymous July 24, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

What a marathon of a day! Hope you have this weekend to relax!

shayndel July 25, 2009 at 1:42 AM  

I'm so impressed you get your little ones to bed by 7:45!
I love this picture, so magical with the tree and the pinks purples and cute little toes. Full of imagination.
Lovely portrait and post. Hope you are finding some quiet moments after the busy-ness:).


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP