Friday, June 5, 2009

{favorite finds friday}


... in which i share with you some of the fun stuff i've found through my week of blog browsing ...

Photobucket

esti at pintame el dia is an amazing artist !! i love her drawings. and now i find that she has her drawings on shirts ! oh my !! and she's giving three of her shirts away !! go check it out ... you have to enter before the 14th of june if you want to win one !

Photobucket

my friend alex wrote a post earlier in the week that i found very challenging. you should go read it but i'll just give you a one sentence taste ... ask the question: "in light of my present responsibilities, my past experiences, and my future hopes and dreams, is this a wise use of my time?" let him know you stopped by ! and here's a bit of trivia you may or may not like to know alex and i were friends in highschool in spain. he was a great writer then. and he is an even better writer now. i love that he has a blog.

Photobucket

going through all of the corner view posts takes me days ... but i love visiting because i have discovered the most beautiful places all over the world and i love it !! i actually have all the participants in my google reader now, under a 'corner view' heading so i can just visit the ones who have actually participated each week. i think that will make it quicker. but, i'm sidetracked. i wanted to show you this blog ... ma life a moi. she has really neat photos. i love all the rounded edges. and you know, it seems she only posts in french, except for the corner view posts, which are in french, english AND spanish !! but it doesn't matter. the photos are enough ... and i may learn some french along the way !! or maybe not. alia just asked me to read some out loud and i did and she was cracking up ! but anyway ... look at this door post.

Photobucket

and then i discovered this one ... artsyville. cute name for a blog. here's what she has to say about herself "hi - i'm aimee, a mixed-up-media artist living in the quirky little college town of lawrence, kansas. you've reached artsyville, a little spot for my creative explosions. i love doodling, lettering, painting, and finding sparks of art in everyday things. please contact me at artsyville (at) gmail (dot) com for permission to borrow any of my images. thanks for visiting!" i can't wait to sit and read some of this blog because i love it already !!

Photobucket

I'm wondering if any of you know what the proper blog etiquette is when wanting to post an example of someone's work on your blog. Do you have to ask permission to post a photo from someone's blog or can you just post it and give them the credit for the photo ?? I wanted to post images from each of these blogs ... (well, except Alex's because the only images on his blog are made with words) but I wasn't sure ... so I didn't. I just drew up some silly pictures and posted them ...

oh ... and a little side note for jane ... my painting posts.

5 comments:

Mari June 5, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

I don't know proper blog ettiquete, but I'm going to check out those blogs!

Stacy June 5, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

I love your silly little pictures, Bonnie! Thanks for sharing those blogs, too. They look very interesting!

Dorte June 6, 2009 at 1:43 AM  

Nice tips :-)
Bonnie, re. copyright you can start by taking a look at this link:
http://www.dailyblogtips.com/copyright-law-12-dos-and-donts/

aimee June 6, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

hi bonnie! oh wow!! thanks for the highlight here - that just made my morning! i'm totally enjoying being part of corner view!

Kayren June 8, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

I don't really know much about copyright stuff either, but enjoyed the post. I did get something not too long ago from Homeschool Blogger (I think) about that specific subject. I'll try to find it and forward it through email to you fyi. If I forget and you are interested you might have to remind me. I lose many brain cells every day and when I sleep even more...that's where those silly lists help. I just don't have one in front of me right now.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP