Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trash To Treasure Tuesday - Dollhouse



My discovery of the Reinvented blog is a fairly new one,
but one I instantly marked as a 'daily read' in google reader !
I loooooooooooooove this blog !
Kimm is one creative lady !
She's resourceful.
Inspirational.
Inventive.
Clever.
And hilarious to boot !

This week, I'm joining in her Trash to Treasure Tuesday.

I must make a disclaimer though.
This was not my idea.
I saw it at the art studio where I paint and thought it would be fun to do with the kids.
I think it will take us a fair while to do it but it is already serving it's purpose.
They are loving thinking of how we can make things out of trash !

So ... what are we making ?

A dollhouse ...
The materials we've used so far are cardboard boxes.
Paint.
An old towel to make a rug.
An old sheet to make bed sheets.
Cracker boxes to make a bed and the kitchen counter.
Cardboard to make a flat screen tv and some wall hangings.

We'll be collecting trash that we use in the kitchen.
Boxes and plastics to make tables and chairs and outdoor furniture.
I think we'll make the people and animals and everything ...

Photobucket

I'll keep you posted on our progress ...

Do make sure to pop round to Reinvented and see what other cool projects are happening in blogdom !!

9 comments:

Mari May 12, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

I did that when I was young with the help of a talented cousin. You brought back a fun memory today!

Marissa May 13, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

Is that a REALLY tiny spray can or is the doll house pretty good size?

Tessa May 13, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

It is years since I have seen this kind of activity. I love it. I remember as a child living in the country that making doll houses and even box country cottages was a favourite way to play. We invented things to make and spent hours under the house pasting, painting and crying when the stupid thing wouldn't stick!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the finished product on my next visit.

Melissa May 13, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

I used to make kitchens out of boxes when I was a kid. A doll house, much fun.

abnsigoslady May 13, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

Wish my daughter was little again so we could do this too. Laura @ the mansion

Jane May 13, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

My grandparents made me a cardboard box doll house when I was little. They too used all recycled stuff to make the furniture. My favorites were toothpaste cap lamp shades and a restaurant jelly thing sink.

Unknown May 13, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

Wow, what a fabulous idea and a great lesson for the kids! Thanks to you, they'll grow thinking first to re-use what they have!! Have a great evening!

A Captured Reflection May 13, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

You are amazing Bonnie, I wish I could be as creative as you. My neighbour knits wonderfully - and yet I can't even wear my scarf properly let alone get two needles together...and now you are doing this.

Do you watch "Rachael Ray" over there? I love that programme and funny enough as she cooked and had folk doing some recycling of chairs and stuff I thought of you.

Yes, you must come to NZ my friend.

Oh have you checked out my Reflecting Upon blog too? If you check my profile you will see the link for it too.

Stacy May 15, 2009 at 4:52 AM  

That's how I made my dollhouses when I was younger, too! I can't wait to see more of how you repurpose and reuse to add to it. Great job!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP