Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ Week 10

Happy Homemaker Monday is hosted by Sandra at 'Diary of a Stay at Home Mom'

This is going to be a quick one !!
I've just turned on the electric blanket in my bed and am heading there shortly !


On my bedside table:
Escape by Carolyn Jessop
It's another book on polygamy, only this one is a true story ... and it's fascinating.

On my TV:
Nada.
Zippo.
Zilch.

On the menu for tonight:
We've already eaten ... the recipes are on my food blog.
We had sushi for dinner tonight.
Mmmm ...

On my To Do List:
Ok ... so my to do list was pretty massive today. I finished about half of it. I planned the menu, did the grocery shopping, returned a shirt to target, went to the office supply store (yes, I controlled myself ... office supply stores are one of my downfalls !), did two loads of laundry but haven't hung them up (DOH !!), will do that tomorrow, bought some herbs, scheduled the guy to come put a phone jack in the office so I can move the computer out of the living room (!!) ... yeah, I'll stop here. I can hear you all snoring !!

New Recipe I tried last week:
Unbelieveably, I didn't try any new recipes last week !! So ... I'll share this one with you that I tried a week or two ago ... Loved it !

Baked Potato Soup.

Photobucket


In the craft basket:
There's lots in it ... there's just not much getting done !! But tomorrow's post will show you some craftiness ... it just doesn't fit in the basket !

Looking forward to:
Um, I think I mentioned already that I turned on the electric blanket ....

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Laundry does not hang itself.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
My Dad did a post about my recipe blog ... he called a radio station and told them about it ... I'm serious ! I wish I could have heard it ...

Favorite photo from last week:

From my post Sweet Story Telling ...

Photobucket


Lesson Learned The Past Few Days:
Life is fragile and can change in a blink of an eye.

On My Prayer List:
My husband who is STILL working crazy hours ... this is probably going to be on the list for a while yet !
My good friend who had a stroke on Friday.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Psalm 4:3b ... the Lord will hear when I call to Him ...

Happy Monday everyone ... I'm heading to bed !!!


5 comments:

Anonymous May 11, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

I'm sorry for your friend.
About the laundry: I've started delegating that task to my boys, although they try to show me that the line is just too high.

Sarah May 12, 2009 at 2:50 AM  

Hi friend! Love your Mother's Day post - what a fun and beautiful day. The food looked awesome!

Hope your hubby's hours get better and your friend recovers quickly. How scary!

I love my electric blanket too! I don't think I've ever had it on this late in May, but I am not ready to take it off yet. And, yet, I am thinking about putting plants into the ground in this cool weather. Crazy!

Amy May 12, 2009 at 5:05 AM  

This is a 2 parter..lol!

Loved your pics from your Mother's Day... what a lovely meal, spent with a lovely man, in such lovely weather! :) Nothin' betta! (said with australian accent) ha!

AND

Love your Monday post, even tho it's REALLY Tuesday where you are! LOL!! I think that is just so wild!

that soup looks crazy divine!
Will join you in prayer for your friend.. my goodness!! And for your hubby.. praying that Jesus will bring some kind of relief to him. That's really hard on the hubby's and the family when the daddy is gone alot. It's hard.

Hugs.. Amy

Palmer and Co May 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Oh, that baked potato soup looks amazing!!

Sandra May 14, 2009 at 2:31 AM  

Loved your post Bonnie, love the food, love the books you read and I love the post your dad did and the fact that he called the radio station, that is just too sweet :)

I had to cringe at the electric blanket though....it's 108 degrees here LOL


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP