Saturday, April 4, 2009

Guest Blogger ~ Book Review


Welcome to our first ever guest blogged post on Simple Beauty.
Jono, my seven year old son, agreed to do a 'book review'.
I did not tell him what it was ... I just let him go for it.
I think he did a great job.

Just to give you a heads up ... the first bit ...
until you get to "my favorite thing about this book ..." is all copied directly from the book !!

The last two thoughts ... they are his !

Enjoy ... and be sure to let him know what you think !
I'll be letting him peek at the comments in the morning !!

PS ... he did all the typing. Picked the font and color and spacing !
I didn't change a thing !

Photobucket

CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS AND THE WRATH OF THE WICKED WEDGIE WOMAN.

Once upon a time there were two cool kids named George and Harold.


FRIDAY MEMO.

MONDAY: SCHOOL CANCELLED!

No class today due to lack of interest.


TUESDAY: NATIONAL WEAR YOUR PAJAMAS TO SCHOOL AND PICK YOUR NOSE DAY

Show you care by wearing your pajamas to school ( and pick your nose day ).

WEDNESDAY: CHEERLEADER TRYOUTS TODAY


Anyone wishing to join the cheerleader squad must do all of the following:


1) Eat ten whole cloves of raw garlic.
2) Draw a mustache on your face with permanent markers.
3) Tape a three-day-old egg-salad sandwich to your head.


THURSDAY: FOOTBALL PRACTICE RE-SCHEDULED.

All football players report to teachers lounge for early practice. Food Fight @ 12:15 in the lunchroom.



FRIDAY: YEARBOOK PHOTOS TAKEN TODAY:

( Please wear Bumblebee costumes ) Also whoever makes the funniest face wins a free pizza party for their class.





MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT THIS BOOK IS THAT IT IS FUNNY.




THIS BOOK IS ABOUT A WOMAN THAT HAS TEN HANDS ON HER HEAD AND GRABS PEOPLE BUY THE BACK OF THERE UNDERPANTS WITH HER TEN HANDS ON HER HEAD.






BY JONO.




Photobucket

14 comments:

T'lia April 4, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

Great book review Jono! I might have to have a read myself!

Mari April 4, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

Aqaagh! For some reason the whole thing is coming up crazy and unreadable. I don't know if it's just me but if you can repost it I would love to read it!

Leeann April 4, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

Good job, Jono!!

By the way, your handwriting is just gorgeous. You sure could teach MY seven year old a thing or two about printing!

Conny April 5, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

PRECIOUS :)
Glad he's developing a love for BOOKS already :)
And thanks for stopping by my blog too - the entry about the BOOK CASES :)

Amy April 5, 2009 at 1:37 AM  

Woo hoo, Jono!! I loved your book review... well done, man! This sounds like a book my son and daughter would love.. you have me sold on it!

Have a great day!

Amy

Anonymous April 5, 2009 at 1:57 AM  

VERY well written!!! You did an awesome job and I hope you do more book reviews. My boys loved those books.

Sarah April 5, 2009 at 2:11 AM  

Well done. I think you did a great job and I'm looking forward to more book reviews. I think my boys would love this book!

Sandra April 5, 2009 at 2:56 AM  

Great review Jono, you did awesome :)

My kids love Captain Underpants too, I'll have to mention this book to them.

Sabba and Nanny April 5, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

Great job, Jono. I'm glad you are learning to love books. I used to love to read when I was your age (and I still do). Love, Sabba

Anonymous April 5, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Haha that was great!

I really liked reading the book and your thoughts on it.

Thanks for sharing Jono!!

Wouldn't that be something if you could actually get a free pizza party for making the funniest face for the class picture?

But even better would be to have a serious shot and then a goofy one!

I think that would be fun.

Thanks again for writing Jono!! :o)

Kath April 6, 2009 at 1:33 AM  

What a silly book that must have been! Sometimes I wish I had 10 hands too! Did the Wicked Wedgie Woman only use the hands on her head to give wedgies? I would use mine for building my Mah Jong wall faster. Now that you have told me it is funny and you liked it, I will try to get it from the library and read the whole book for myself. Thanks for telling us about it. Love, Nanny

Kath April 6, 2009 at 1:36 AM  

I had some trouble at first with the font, too. I copied the text to Word and changed from webdings to something that made readable letters...I did love the picture symbols I saw when I first opened the post, though!!!!!

Bonnie April 6, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Woo hoo Nanny ... look at your with your mad computer skillz ! Copied the text to Word and changing the font ! WOW !! Who'd a thunk to do that ? I am impressed !!

Thanks everyone for your comments ! I've been reading them the past couple of days with Jono as they've come in and he's pretty tickled. He's already asking me when he can do another blog post .... :) I'll make sure it's not in webdings though next time !! It's didn't show up as symbols on my computer ... weird !!

Mari April 7, 2009 at 1:01 AM  

I can see it now!
Jono - you did a great job with your book review. I've never heard of Captain Underpants but it really sounds like a funny book!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP